Ultimate Commander Keen 4/Commander Keen 4 Ultimate Edition

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.

Do you want me to do this revision to Keen 5 and 6 as well?

Yes.
65%
No.
35%
Neutral.
No votes

Total votes: 20

szemi
Vorticon Elite

Re: Ultimate Commander Keen 4/Commander Keen 4 Ultimate Edition

Post by szemi »

Zak6009 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:21 Is "Sister Revenge" releasing any time soon?
It's off-topic here.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Zak6009
Grunt

Post by Zak6009 »

Nice dodge. Anyway, look forward to trying this.
etkeenb
Meep

Post by etkeenb »

Playing alone Commander Keen 4 Ultimate Edition has been a blast, thank you for all the effort. :p :love Yes, pass your efforts to Keen 5 and 6!

However, when I tried to play with a friend of mine it went badly. I am not sure it is my fault or if I missed something, but here it is. Any help is appreciated.

We started Commander Genius selected Keen4U set up the graphics as we like; set up the controls so the movements are separated; disabled friendly fire; and started playing.

However, we had few problems.
The first is that when someone dies we did not find a way to revive him, it appears a message like "to revive you need to stand still" but we did not find a way.
The second, when one enters a home, the second player may find himself stuck in the floor unable to move. In some cases the stuck player may be able to just out of the floor, but it is quite annoying.
The third, it happened few times that one player started controlling also the other one. So when moving, both Keens would move in sync.

Does those problems ring any bell? What can I try? Playing Keen with friends is a childhood dream...
Last edited by etkeenb on Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
etkeenb
Meep

Post by etkeenb »

I also found a bug; Keen gets stuck over the island of tar in the main map. To replicate just start a game, do the border village and miraga. Start swimming and go ashore in the island of tar, then try to swim to the island of fire. I found impossible to swim back.
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Post by Pandakeen »

If your issues are with Commander Genius and not the mod itself, you might want to ask about it on its subforum.
warzy
Meep

Post by warzy »

On mac when loading the game I can never get past the initial loading screen (just continues to say "please wait" - any thoughts?
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

warzy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 18:05 On mac when loading the game I can never get past the initial loading screen (just continues to say "please wait" - any thoughts?
You need to run "UCK4.BAT" in Dosbox, not "KEEN4E.EXE".