Keen 6 game over screen ideas?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Keen 6 game over screen ideas?

Post by KeenEmpire »

Like the earth exploding in keen 2, or the galaxy busting in keen 5, I'd always imagined the Keen 6 game over screen to consist of a dark room or door,

And suddenly to hear quick screams, "Aaaaaaaaaaah, AAAAAAAA, AAAAAAAAAAH, AAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Or would that have been too descriptive? :crazy
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

That would of fit in with the feel of ID's later games.

It could of shown Molly tied up inside of a big pot of water that's overtop of some lit wood or whatever the Bloogs use for fuel. Then a Bloog would be adding seasoning to the mix much like how it looks in the title screen with Keen.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

This is how I always envisioned it:

My computer came with a trainered version of Keen 6, so I didn't get to see what happened when you ran out of lives until a few years later. I was convinced there was an interesting ending sequence I was missing out on, but was disappointed to discover a bland, cyan 'GAME OVER' box upon my demise. Alas.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Haha, nice one Spleen.

Yeah, they really missed their big chance in the game-over-cinematics department, didn't they? Besides Keen 5 (whose ending terrified me for quite a while :D), all of the endings are just GAME OVER - and in Vorticons that cool BLAAANNNHHHH! ... dloot-di-di-diddle-ee-oot.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Made that back in 2007, but it was only ever posted on DA where it was removed due to its copyrighted content.

Hmm... I should've put that helmet on one of the Blooglets instead of the bip.
and in Vorticons that cool BLAAANNNHHHH! ... dloot-di-di-diddle-ee-oot.
Aye, that still brings back memories. I wonder how it'd go as a ringtone...
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Haha, yeah, would've been cool. Perhaps they never thought of it. Although that'd be hard to believe. 8)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

What the? Was I saving and loading so cautiously, that I didn't even know there was a game over screen? :crazy
Seems I was always a coward, so never got a game over on purpose.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
matonen
Vortininja

Post by matonen »

I dont remember getting it either :P

I did get it once in keen 5!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Keen 5 has a game over cinematic? :eek Man, I have to purposely die and check that out!
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Man, you didn't know? :eek It's a cool one, too. Makes me wonder what kind of game over cinematic there could be in TUIT... :dopekeen
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Heh, I didn't know about it for a long while, was less than two years ago that I saw it for the first time (unless I just forgot about it as a kid).

I'd picture the Keen 6 game over sequence as something similar to the end of Monster Bash episode one; the bloogs tossing Molly into a big stew pot and then throwing in more ingredients.
BLAAANNNHHHH! ... dloot-di-di-diddle-ee-oot.
Now I have an incredible urge to open keen 1 and kill myself just to hear that :dead2
MortimerInBlack
Vortininja

Re: Keen 6 game over screen ideas?

Post by MortimerInBlack »

KeenEmpire wrote: And suddenly to hear quick screams, "Aaaaaaaaaaah, AAAAAAAA, AAAAAAAAAAH, AAAAAAAAAAAH!"
lol man it's not a halloween game. Maybe there ain't a game over movie cuz all the ones would be 2 graphic for a kid game.

Spleen's pic has more than meets the eye. I like the toasting Bloogs, and are those Bips in the bana splits???
The Viking II lander actually did land on a 'rock' on Mars.
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/nmc/masterCa ... =1975-083C
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I just saw it. Wow. :dead2 I didn't know about the cool music either. You'd think getting a game over in Keen 4 would end the same way but no. I haven't had this big a shock since I discovered you can save right in the middle of the levels in keens 4-6 instead of being restricted to the world map :o
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

I'd picture the Keen 6 game over sequence as something similar to the end of Monster Bash episode one; the bloogs tossing Molly into a big stew pot and then throwing in more ingredients.
Hmm... I don't remember the end... it's been well over a decade since I played the series through. I believe that shall become a mission for the coming week.
I like the toasting Bloogs, and are those Bips in the bana splits???
Haha, yep. Those are bowls of bips. One of the bloogs is also carrying one.
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

Mashed Molly fondue! :dead