The Keys of Krodacia Re-Release

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

forget that, he consumes GLASS BOTTLES in K5.
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Grimson wrote:I wonder how he hasn't died of sugar overdose...
Takes a lot of energy to pogo that well, and the stuffing in the toys absorbs most of the sugar. ;)
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Genius314 wrote:I think it'd sound pretty nice in the house levels.
This. I don't see why the song wouldn't fit KoK, but in the end, it's of course Ceilick's call.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
The Keen Commander
Vortininja

Post by The Keen Commander »

I downloaded this and somehow wound up with the original again...I'm going to try re-downloading it, but if it happens again, I may need a hand. :P
I'd like to get a Futurama mod going. Here's what I've got so far:
http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=2152
GameBird
Vortininja

Post by GameBird »

Lol, two threads for the same thing.
Right here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6YbNIvUFg
Soundtrack Composer for:
-- Botfloria is Out of Flowers! -- The Atroxian Realm --
-- Mystery of Isis II
AudioMan612
Meep

Post by AudioMan612 »

I don't know if this stuff is still active, but I wanted to leave some feedback. I recently decided to relive some childhood memories and replay all of the Commander Keen games (my old daycare had Keens 1, 4, and 6). Then I discovered Keens 7 - 9. So far, I've finished 7 and 8, and am just starting 9. I enjoyed both 7 and 8 (8 more) and I think that they're extremely well-done. I did want to mention, however, that the music in 7 feels unfinished to me. Nearly all of it lacks percussion, and it makes it tedious to listen to after not too much time (in my opinion). I'm not trying to say that the music is bad in any way. I just feel that it's incomplete and needs some more instrumentation (definitely starting with percussion).

Great job though Ceilick!
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

I knew someone was gonna rag on the music the next time a post was made about this.

I'm guilty of that as well... though I on the other hand did not like the soundtrack at all. tracks were tone deaf, some unnecessarily noisy... eh. I can understand wanting to give it a creepish feel, but that wasn't doing it...

I either had to mute the music or replace the soundtrack... so I replaced the music with some IMF tracks from BioMenace. Not quite fitting or creepish, but it was the best I could find at the time.

Other than that, this was absolutely fantastic.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I think Ceilick and Keenrush several times pointed out that they were happy that they managed to change the music at all, which was previously impossible.

But it's unfortunate that Ceilick isn't working on the remake. Some tracks might be changed in a future release.
wolfcub7
Vortininja

Post by wolfcub7 »

Thank you, Ceilick, these are really great mods!!! <3
Episode 8 felt a bit too easy at most points, for some reason, but the final battle for the ship made up for it. It was really hard even with the jump-cheart on! (Which I used after dying some zillion times.)
Although at the end I think it took not so many shots so maybe I was just too tired from playing so long at once and therefore not focusing enough...In any case all the games are much fun!

Episode 9 is my favourite from this trilogy, I'm currently a few levels into it. :P

But really, so great to get this well-made unofficial ending for one of the best game series of all time that was cancelled like pretty much everything awesome on tv! :)

*applauds*
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Keen: The Reboot of awesome video games.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Videogamer555
Grunt

Download link broken

Post by Videogamer555 »

Please fix. Thanks.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Hi, welcome back to the PCKF!

Since this is such an old topic, it's not completely up to date. You can find a lot of great Commander Keen: Goodbye, Galaxy! mods at the Galaxy Mods section of the KeenWiki. Specifically the Keys of Krodacia page has the link you are looking for (check the infobox on the right).

Also check out the Vorticon Mods section of the KeenWiki for a ton of more great mods. In fact, in the last few years the KeenWiki has become probably the best place for all Mod and Fan Game downloads. If you have troubles getting things running, start new topic and let us know! Someone will try and help you out within a few days.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's