KeenQ

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Heh, yeah, it should take only one death to learn it's killing. :)

The ending is great. :D

It's also interesting how almost every surface, most being that yellow stuff, is slippery. Adds interesting dimension to the gameplay.

It's a great mod! Good story (not that I ever care much about them), challenging levels, very nice graphics (especially how you managed to get yellow looking so good, it's difficult), the enemies are nicely very different and look great, and there's many clever ideas! :)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Joriz
Grunt

Post by Joriz »

Thanks for the feedback guys. Anybody else made it to the ending?

And KR, how many Iax did you 'take care of'?
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I'm trying to get to something on QUOTE's level (what was going through Jariz's head when he named a guy "quote"?). Up near the top-left corner of the map there is a lazer gun blocking a pit, but there are arrows indicating that you should go down. This is the place where you had to ride a platform to get to and there's a locked room full of keen dolls up in the corner for more clarification. Is this the entrance to a secret level or something important like that? I cant figure out how to get to it.

Oh also, what's with the mario doll on the 2nd level? Can you get it? Does it do anything? This episode almost makes keen3 seem like a cakewalk :dopefish
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

(what was going through Jariz's head when he named a guy "quote"?)
Ever played Cave Story? ;)
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Great game. :painted A bit on the hard side though. :dead
How do you get to the secret level? :drool
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

I've been trying to get past the second level for a month or two...
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Genius314 wrote:
(what was going through Jariz's head when he named a guy "quote"?)
Ever played Cave Story? ;)
Yeah, but... Santa? :confused
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Joriz
Grunt

Post by Joriz »

Up near the top-left corner of the map there is a lazer gun blocking a pit, but there are arrows indicating that you should go down. This is the place where you had to ride a platform to get to and there's a locked room full of keen dolls up in the corner for more clarification. Is this the entrance to a secret level or something important like that? I cant figure out how to get to it.
I know, this one is a bit on the hard side, like most of this mod... To turn of those force fields, go to the basement of the main building, that room with all the switches. These switches need to be set in the right configuration, which can be found written in SGA in the area beneath this basement... But how to get there?
How do you get to the secret level?
Check out the area on the map where you start your game . Now reboot the game, check out this place again and see what changed. The puzzle only begins here...
Ever played Cave Story?
And if you haven't, you should!
Yeah, but... Santa?
What does this mean? Santa is a character in Cave Story but...?

By the way guys, check out my latest game, Point Zero:

http://jspixelz.nl/pointzero/

I was gonna do a cameo appearance of the BWB Megarocket in there, as one of the units, but unfortunately there was no time...
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

The posts on this topic seem to occur in month-long intervals. :tired

The funny thing is, I discovered how to get in the area with the lasers blocking it long before you came in here and explained things to me Joriz (and I picked up a download of Cave Story too! :D )

I also found a bunch of levels that weren't clearly marked on the map. Like, you just push the button in a random, obscure area and you're suddenly in a wacky level. This was only after I'd already beaten the main game, of course.

The only thing I haven't done is locate that secret level. I kind of gave up looking for it months ago... but your hint has given me new motivation to try again :dopefish

EDIT: I've successfully entered the secret level! Which is approrpiately dubbed "Secret Level" :dopekeen

Now the only two references I don't get are Harold and Heihashi (assuming they're video game characters)
HoboRed
Vortininja

Post by HoboRed »

Shadow Master wrote:I've been trying to get past the second level for a month or two...
Took Me a day or two to finish level 2. Great mod I love it. Are the bridges replaced with the laserbeams!

Awesome game Dude :)
RIP Eduard Khil
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

YES!! :D :D :D

After about 100^20 deaths (and a ton of luck) I completed the skull level. Yowza, that's long! :dead Unfortunately I don't have a video because I recently got a new computer and haven't installed DOSBox yet. I presume Joriz:: has completed this level? :dead2

I must say I died about 3 times on each hazard tile there (except the inaccessible ones). When I peeked at it in the editor, there is a huge inaccessible section copied from Jaffar's level (except the Iax there is ruined). :dopekeen