I've just finished playing Keen 8: Dead in the Desert. I ended with 35 lives and 892700 points. I played in normal mode.
This mod is awesome. I've played Keen 7: The Keys of Krodacia before and I have to say that Ceilick made a huge progress. Overally I finished Keen 4, 5, 6 and Dreams too.
1. Graphic design. For me, the Keys of Krodacia episode was a little bit annoying in terms of colours and graphics, but Keen 8 is pretty much as advanced in it's design as original episodes.
2. Hazards. In KOK the hazards were creative and smartly made but they resembled Keen 4 hazards slightly too much. Dead in the Desert has some wonderful cratures which doesn't resemble those from Keen 6.
3. Music. It's awesome. My favourite part of this game. Very in style of origninal Keen 4-6.
4. Levels. Their number and variety is awesome. I like the submarine ride too.
1. Demo. It's so clueless. Some random jumps and CK dies in a very dumb way. Like a little kid playing CK for the first time. I would like to see passing about half of the level in demo, in a good way.
2. The need to shoot the remains of blue creature near Bean-with-Beacon Megarocket. It's very confusing.
3. The general idea of boss fight is not really attractive for me. From the "later Keens" it can be only seen in Keen Dreams.
4. I can go through a floor in near Water Corp 1 and walk in the elevator area. Just a little bug.
5. How do all of these characters came in the rocket? Did they fly this rocket especially to save Keen from Calidune? Strange thing for me.
Near the entry to the Water Palace there is a passage that ends shortly with pink columns. Is this a level?
How many lives can you get in this game? About 38?
Thanks for making such an awesome modification, Ceilick! I would love to play your Keen 9 now!