Keen -6: v1.0 RELEASED!!

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

I hate you.

I'm not sure if it's because level 1 is so hard or that I just tried (literally) 60 times without beating it.

How the garg do you get that purple key?
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

it took me me 3 times before i saw that you can stand on that brown thing under it.
nothing usefull here
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I got through level01 one after a few tries when I finally figured out what the keys an the doors are.
Nice video of level02, makes me want to complete it too.
Ceilick wrote:I'm not sure anybody likes going through 10 near impossible situations in the same level when they can't save ;)
We should get a inlevel save option in to CG and get it running there.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
candyjunk
Grunt

Post by candyjunk »

shikadi wrote: ps:keen4 is the only (non-dreams) game were no levelpacks are made of.... yet.
its hard to make interesting levelpacks for keen4. the amount of usable creatures to place anywhere in the level without making them too hard is limited, and some other features keen 5 and 6 have make them much more suitable for creating a levelpack with variation in it.
Shifting back and forth into the void
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Since some people are still stuck on lvl1, here's a video of me playing it:

Level 1

Hope it helps!
:D
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

ROFL.

I have a half hour video of me going over the top of that yellow bit at the start, then back to the right, over and down into the bit with the door, over and over without realising that I could just jump down the gap and jump to the right to get the key. Even though several times my manoeuvring caused me to leap to the right into the spikes several times.

And curse that brown platform! Now I can beat it, in theory. I'll have another go tomorrow or something.
HoboRed
Vortininja

Post by HoboRed »

Nice mod Fleexy I probably had an advantage on the 1st lvl inspite that I beta tested 1/2 of it! I found the secret lvl easily
RIP Eduard Khil
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Now I think I got what's so interesting in those hard mods, but... I still don't have the nerves to beat the levels.
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

I finally beat the first level without using cheats after many game overs. I'm now stuck on the second level, and those ice cube shooters are really giving me trouble. Some of those jumps look nearly impossible.
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

i removed the first one, because it gave me 2 game overs and that wans't fun. the others weren't that hard.
nothing usefull here
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

To save space, I deleted the other videos and put Level 1-4 and my mom's feeble attempt in one ZIP.

:lol

Click on the LOLkeen to get it! :dopefish
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

ps:keen4 is the only (non-dreams) game were no levelpacks are made of.... yet.
Really? I made one, when I was starting out, to test ideas. It's lurking around somewhere if I haven't deleted it.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
candyjunk
Grunt

Post by candyjunk »

Levellass wrote:
ps:keen4 is the only (non-dreams) game were no levelpacks are made of.... yet.
Really? I made one, when I was starting out, to test ideas. It's lurking around somewhere if I haven't deleted it.
If you still have them, it would be nice if you could post them here. Keen4 is my favourite by FAR

Im currently working on some keen4 levels again(say again.. after… 6? years) and i havent seen any levels for original keen4 other than the guy who once made a BWB-megarocket replacement level, and the few i made a very long time ago.[/b]
Shifting back and forth into the void
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Awesome to have you back -- hehe, for like three years or more there was somebody who kept asking every six months or so is there any news on candyjunk's Keen 4 level pack. :lol Would be great to see it completed, or other new levels. And you're right, I can't remember seeing too many Keen 4 levels around...
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
HoboRed
Vortininja

Post by HoboRed »

I am very happy now that I have cheats
RIP Eduard Khil