New mod released: Justice and Freedom

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
JM2008
Vortininja

New mod released: Justice and Freedom

Post by JM2008 »

Hosted here

Its my first one and I also included a readme file since there were codes and patches I didn't understand how to do so I did a readme file instead. Some new graphics and some new levels and some modified levels from Keen 3.

http://www.mediafire.com/?omkxz0qvnj2
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

This has far too few modifications to call it a mod. And the levels have too few modifications to call it a levelpack. You should put in a little more work, I can see but 3 or 4 modified tiles. Try making a new monster and change the background... , if you can't do it rip it if you must.
I hope this doesn't stay in the current state, with its feel of incompleteness.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Indeed, I must agree. If there are things you don't understand how to do, I suggest you talk to other Keen community members, who are usually only too happy to help a new modder get to grips with things. This 'mod' could use a lot more work.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
JM2008
Vortininja

Post by JM2008 »

I will possibly modify some of the sprites characteristics at some point. What else would you like me to change in the game to improve it?
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

In a nutshell, everything.

Quite seriously, there is a lot of unused potential here, text patching, new graphics, redone levels, ending screens. I suggest you examine some other Keen 1-3 mods, to see how they do things. Especially those of Xky.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.