Keen 6 Mini-MOD: Aliens Ate My Babysitter ...Again

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

1 secret level is not too hard to find, and you can get to it on any difficulty.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

wiivn wrote:So far I too because I think I cannot get to them on normal.
There are two secret levels. The first is accessible by the satellite (just like Blooglab Space Station in the original Keen 6). The second one is accessible by the first one, plus with a another little bonus. Both levels are reachable through all skill levels.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
sbartus
Vortininja

Post by sbartus »

Well, I really, really want to try this mod. But it seems to prevent me from running it every time I try... I processed the keen6.exe file from Keen 6 version 1.6 with unlzexe and there was a message "unrecognised version of keen6.exe". I did the same with Keen 6 1.4. The AAMBA tells me the same. I run the aamba.bat file to run the game. Do you have any ideas?

Regards
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Didn't unlzexe tell you while unlzexing the 1.4 version that it can't make the keen6.olz file? If it did, delete the old 1.6 .olz file (I don't know of any mods that support 1.6) and unlzexe the 1.4 again.
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Yeah good idea Nospike, maybe an older keen6.olz file confuses unlzexe.
Also, I've never heard of version 1.6 of Keen 6. Maybe you meant 1.5, maybe it's some modification. When you use 1.4 make sure it's an original release (and as usual uncompress before trying to run AAMBA).
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

Yeah, you'll definitely need v1.4. BUT if you happen to have this as yet unseen v1.6, please upload... 8)
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

V1.6 is downloadable at Bipship. :p I had problems with the .olz file, for some reason, it sometimes overwrites the old keen6.olz and sometimes don't.
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

What, no it's not... :confused
sbartus
Vortininja

Post by sbartus »

I did everything as you all wrote and I got the same message: "Error: unrecognised version of Keen6.exe". The version of Keen 6 was 1.4. This morning I also tried Keen6 1.0 and the result was identical.
What's going on here?...

Regards
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Blast! Sorry, Mink, I can't even remember the versions. Even in this case where I downloaded that a few days ago. :bloody
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Hm, I tried it out.

I did exactly this procedure:
1. I extracted the Keen6 v.1.4 zip from bipship in a directory
2. I extracted ambaa in the same directory overwriting all files
3. Started the game in dosbox via .bat.

Seems unlzexe isn't even needed.

Try that and if it isn't working I'm fresh out of ideas.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
sbartus
Vortininja

Post by sbartus »

I did everythign you wrote tulip and the error message was the same. I'm using DOSBox 0.74.

Regards
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Try to use DOSBox v0.73. It's the best, I think.
c64cosmin
Vortininja

Post by c64cosmin »

I'm stunned, after seeing this mod and the ideas behind it got me stunned by your Neutral Stunner, Jesus Christ NY, YOU ARE A GENIUS, you got me dizzy with that :crazy and you know what I'm talking about. Guys this revolutioned the whole Keen.
Massive mod, whole new ideas, whole new things and dozens of suprises, worth playing. Gosh I hope I get back to reality because this got me out of this world.
ONE WORD: :dopefish AMAZING :dopefish
I'm more surpized than finding the Dope Fish as a kid, more surpized than finding Keen5 as a kid.
NY great respect from me, giant up for you.
Totaly worth playing mod, geez this is like a great trip into Keenish Kiddy Times
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

SOLUTION: Don't use DOSBox.

Seriously, mounting the drive every time is annoying. The motion just isn't as Keen. That said, videos and shots are nice.