Keen 6 Mini-MOD: Aliens Ate My Babysitter ...Again

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
simmiekay82
Meep

Re: Keen 6 Mini-MOD: Aliens Ate My Babysitter ...Again

Post by simmiekay82 »

Thank you all for your responses (and apologies for the delay in replying.)

It turns out I had version 1.0 of Keen 6, and I patched it to version 1.4 using http://files.keenmodding.org/6keen14.exe and I also had to install Wine so I could run that program on macOS. Once I did that this mod worked.

My son has already played almost all of the Keen 4 mods. He is obsessed with Commander Keen mods, he has played almost all of them and is running out of new ones to play. He sees people's unfinished/unreleased mods on YouTube and cries when Daddy can't install them for him. He tells me when he is older he is going to make his own Commander Keen mod, although at age 5 it is a bit beyond him yet. He also insists I edit the .PAT file to ensure the default cheat codes are enabled.

Simon
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

And he's only 4? Wow.
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

simmiekay82 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:39 He also insists I edit the .PAT file to ensure the default cheat codes are enabled.
This is exactly why cheats in mods shouldn't be disabled in the first place. I've also had to do this quite a few times to help out younger players, including for this very mod. (Sorry, just had to rant a little.)

And hey, welcome to the forums simmiekay82. I hope you stick around. :)
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image
Atreyu
Meep

Post by Atreyu »

simmiekay82 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:39 Thank you all for your responses (and apologies for the delay in replying.)

It turns out I had version 1.0 of Keen 6, and I patched it to version 1.4 using http://files.keenmodding.org/6keen14.exe and I also had to install Wine so I could run that program on macOS. Once I did that this mod worked.

My son has already played almost all of the Keen 4 mods. He is obsessed with Commander Keen mods, he has played almost all of them and is running out of new ones to play. He sees people's unfinished/unreleased mods on YouTube and cries when Daddy can't install them for him. He tells me when he is older he is going to make his own Commander Keen mod, although at age 5 it is a bit beyond him yet. He also insists I edit the .PAT file to ensure the default cheat codes are enabled.

Simon
What did u edit in the .PAT file?