New Commander Keen Fan Site

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Shilor
Vortininja

New Commander Keen Fan Site

Post by Shilor »

Hi everyone. Would like to let you know that I have created a Commander Keen fan site to further give exposure of the legendary Commander Keen. The site mainly focuses on fan work such as Videos/animations, Pics and Games.

I have made some Commander Keen movies in the past and wanted to give more in the honor of Commander Keen so I bring you...

www.commanderkeenfans.com

It is understandable that some people may frown upon this idea. As there are other sites that already contain fan work. I hope this isn't the case. I merely want to encourage people to create fan works of their own in the memory of Keen and bring further awareness of such a classic character.

As It is a new website there isn't much content but with the help of fellow fans we can make it strive. I welcome everyone to visit and if they would like to submit any fan works of their own they can do so by contacting me. Not only will the site bring further awareness to Commander Keen but also to the talents of the creators of Commander Keen fan works.

I hope you guys like the idea.

:begging
-Shilor
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

Always good to see a new Keen site, and I really like yours. The sleek design and color scheme are great. I love that animation with the watch coming up on the contact page. I'm not too keen on the idea of another forum, though, as it would probably split up the small fan base.
Overall, very nice site; I hope you decide to add more content.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Yeah, I've seen your site a week ago or so, and I've also got mixed feelings about the extra forum, but the rest seems nicely designed.
I hope it will get updated soon with more stuff.

By the way, if you want to encourage some Keenart, you should add an Artwork category just between Videos and Games .
Image You crack me up little buddy!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Yeah, it's always nice to see more fan sites. :dopekeen The design is very Keen. I think it's a good idea to collect fan-made art into some place -- especially drawn artwork which definitely should have a section of its own. Well done, will visit this one again...
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

My only suggestion - get rid of the games sections. So many sites have tried to have a complete collection of Keen fangames and mods, and most of them have failed. It's kind of unorganized to have so many incomplete sites all over the place.
I think it'd be better to just focus on the non-game fanworks, like the art and music and stuff. It'd be cool to have an all-in-one site for that kind of stuff. :)
Shilor
Vortininja

Post by Shilor »

Mink wrote:I'm not too keen on the idea of another forum, though, as it would probably split up the small fan base.
Overall, very nice site; I hope you decide to add more content.
The last thing I would want to do is split up the fan base. I will be adding promotional links so that people can easily find their way here to this forum.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Spread the Keen, one day some desperate and talentless executive will be browsing thinking 'What old idea can I make into a movie/game/book/reality TV show?' and then BAM!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Mr. 314
Vortininja
Location: If I knew Do you really think I'd actually tell you???

Post by Mr. 314 »

reality tv show? :D like jeremy kyle or something, get Mr. Blaze and Mr. McMire to talk about their intergalactic feud
time's wasting and evil doesn't thwart itself