What the hecks a YUKU?

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
jimmyjames
Vortininja

What the hecks a YUKU?

Post by jimmyjames »

Look what happened to the old site.
http://publiccommanderkeenforum.yuku.com/
But is says it was upgraded to Yuku and that you can still use your Ez-board password.
Is this a replacement Ez-board made itself or is this being used for achrive purposes?

Edit: just found out it's Ez-boards new forum system. Does this mean we'll go back?

And the new features

* Search: fast and accurate search that works
* Free Image Hosting: 30MB of storage to host jpegs, gifts, bmps, pngs
* Posts Don't Fall Off the 20th Page: unlimited storage of posts
* Advanced Private Messaging: 4GB of storage for you, friends list, ignore list, mark as unread
* Profiles With More Customization Options: (e.g. embed videos/music, choose from a list of ready-made designer skins, HTML blocks that you can edit any way you want, etc).
Forget it.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Yeah, it's EzBoard's new system. I seriously doubt we would go back though, that'd just be irritating in my opinion. After all, we've started to settle in here. And when the subject of Yuku was brought up on the old board, I don't remember anyone being too keen on it.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

We've got the perfect setup here now. There's no reason to go back, and there are plenty of reason's not to go back.

This place just rocks.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Don't forget half the conversations about the forum move were "quick, we'd better move before ezBoard push us over to Yuku" - looks like it was lucky we moved when we did, the old forum looks even worse than it used to now...
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Yes, we're moving back today. :p

No, we ain't going back... And I hope nobody starts posting there, either. :D
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

Commander Spleen wrote:We've got the perfect setup here now. There's no reason to go back, and there are plenty of reason's not to go back.

This place just rocks.

+1
Yorpy
Vorticon Elder

Post by Yorpy »

I don't think it looks that hideous. They're just trying to add features that most forums have had for years. But no, I really don't think we'll ever go back.
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

Oh thank god, I was all confused. LOL
(Used to be LordofGlobox)
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Maybe this sounds stubborn or something, but I think even if it was as good or better than this forum it could be a bad idea to move again so soon. I can't say exactly way, just a gut feeling that it'd irritate people and maybe cause a little bit of fragmentation in the community or something like that.

I could be wrong...
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

It'd be a bad idea, that's why it's good we're not going to move back. :)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.