It's the zombie apocalypse.

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.

Which option do you think more people will vote for?

This one, or
33%
This one?
67%

Total votes: 18

Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

It's the zombie apocalypse.

Post by Toomuchsparetime »

What items would you fortify your house with, and/or what items do you own that you would conceivably carry with you if you decided to leave, and what destination would you have?

I have no weapons here, so I'd take all the salt I could find and head for the sea (since there's plenty of salt in that). Which is about 2 days' motorised travel west. :\
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

This one.

Oh, I dunno, I'll just jump in my spaceship with my friends and set up shop at Pluto. OR find the exact frequency at which to transmit to kill the zombies, and then broadcast THAT from my spaceship - ergo no fortifications needed.

Anyway, in such an eventuality, Keen would protect us wouldn't he?
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Pistol with unlimited ammo, just like in Left 4 Dead. Hopefully I'll find a second one somewhere.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Salt kills zombies? I've never heard that one before.

Best place to go is the countryside - fewer people = fewer zombies (also you can team up with a farmer - farmers have guns).
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Salt is a weapon against zombies in the original zombie lore, where zombies were real, but they were just people drugged so much that they were hardly conscious, very slow, and would do the voodoo-master's (read: poisoner's) bidding. The bit about being back from the dead is just a poetic description. :P
Maybe the salt just irritates their wounds that they get from banging into stuff all the time or sumpm?

Salt probably wouldn't help against a rage-inducing virus that makes people eat each other's flesh.
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

I agree with headin for the ocean though: they can't swiiim. (or you'd think not.)
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

TerminILL wrote:I agree with headin for the ocean though: they can't swiiim. (or you'd think not.)
Yeah, and they said the Daleks couldn't leave their static electricity metal floor.... or fly.....
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Just remember some basic rules

1. Always buckle up
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

"The Zombocalypse" as my neighbor puts it.

Well you see, my violence levels are so high, that I could probably do things which most of you would find, extreme or wouldn't even think of. REALLY FAST too.

So depends on what sort of zombies there are. But let me tell you, I ain't gonna be no silent hill or resident evil dropout who can't even kick in someone's leg and break the tibia and fibula. Zombie or Human, you ain't walking. And if I got an axe, I'm not gonna walk around like a gimpy or swing it like I ride the "short bus."

BUT, hmm, REALISTICALLY (Yes, I wish I could go off on a tangent about what I would do hypothetically. That's so much more fun.) I would probably take BOTH the chainsaws. I know how to use em and let me tell you. No contest.

Firearms:
If I could, assuming say my family becomes zombified, (I would probably be given the shotgun otherwise.) I would have access to a .357, (maybe more than 1) a 12 gauge, a Mauser, a 9mm I believe... hmm... some .22's but I wouldn't bring that to a zombie fight. Still, better than nothing. Now these firearms don't belong to me so I might have to start out with just the chainsaws. Needless to say, if it happens, I'm taking that Mauser rifle. I ain't fighting without a rifle. Lets see...

Meele:
A steel pipe. You can't go wrong with a steel pipe. I used to have an aluminum bat somewhere but I don't know what happened to it. But I would make a razor mace. In the right hands, that's taking down a single zombie. If I got NOTHING else, and it was PURE anarchy, I would cut something with a cordless metal saw we got and swing that crap around. I'll find something to smack zombies up with.

Tools:
Now what else, I got one of those LED wind up flashlights so batteries aren't a problem, and a heavy duty mag light. My wind up light also has a radio receiver in it. That's about all I would need. And a backpack. Forgot that. I don't think we still got our oldschool rucksack so a backpack will do. And some clothes. Maybe all my clothes. And socks. Lots of socks in case I have to start humping it. I guess in that case some sort of water container too, but that's getting picky. I'm so out of shape now anyway, that's probably an impossibility.

The Plan:
I would then grab my friend and we would jack a car or preferably, a pickup. (The buddy system man, com'on.) He's got the master plan so we would make our way down to            where his dad lives. If he's alive or not, that's where our... supplies... are.

I won't say any more than that, wouldn't be wise, but it's probably more... heavy than anything you would ever have access to.

Oh and a KNIFE, how could I forget a knife!

EDIT:
But what am I talking about?! I should just head down to Cabelas'! They would have a BIG OL' PARTY out there, tents and everything. And beer. Man that's a good idea...
Red Neck Zombie Appocalypse survival win. :)
Last edited by Galaxieretter on Fri Jun 11, 2010 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

I'm unfamiliar with guns and too weak to properly handle melee weapons. So I suppose I'd make my way to the nearby convenient military base and let soldiers keep the zombies away for me. If the defenses failed, the base has tons of aircraft so evacuation to safer areas would be easy.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Deltamatic wrote:I'm unfamiliar with guns and too weak to properly handle melee weapons. So I suppose I'd make my way to the nearby convenient military base and let soldiers keep the zombies away for me. If the defenses failed, the base has tons of aircraft so evacuation to safer areas would be easy.
Yeah but didn't you ever watch those zombie movies?

Everyone knows that if you see a soldier you are all gonna be "Oh, were rescued!" but then it's like "Think again!" because they have orders to kill ALL civilians because they "could be infected."

Either that or they will be all "We'll quarantine you for your own, and OUR own protection." But then like the people who were working for the government who thought they were helping you would be stabbed in the back and the whole quarantine operation would be firebombed and then the people who did the firebombing will be nuked.
Everyone knows that "in case of zombies 'the government' will kill you."
:disguised
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

/
Last edited by thehackercat on Tue Jan 28, 2020 0:55, edited 1 time in total.
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

In a zombie apocalypse, you're pretty much screwed. So here's what I would do: fall back on my military training and martial arts, travel across the land searching far and wide, rescuing people rather than exterminating zombies. Getting all my survivors in one place, so that we can stand a better chance. Not a better chance at exterminating all zombies, because that's not possible. Instead, we'd stand a better chance at increasing our numbers - the numbers of the uninfected.
Then, when everyone under me has worked to build a better future (a permanent, zombie-proof fortress), I trap everyone, restrain them, then infect myself with zombie-ness and feast on the survivors, and live happily ever after. None of this shameful shambling and groaning for food. All the food I need will be chained up for me to easily access. You can't exterminate the zombies. We've already lost. But I, for one, will work to set up a brighter future for my zombie self.

That is, until I am defeated by one action hero who fights for hope and love and the human spirit and all that other stuff, because Humans Are Special.

Roll credits, accept oscar :dopekeen
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

I will...NOT...vote...at all!

:mortlol :mortlol :mortlol
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Let's say the worst happens, and you get holed up in a bomb shelter as the last human. Eventually the food's going to run out, and no one's producing any, so I have to wonder: if you kill and eat a zombie, will you be infected?