1D Tetris

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

1D Tetris

Post by KeenRush »

http://www.tetris1d.org/ :mort
And nobody can lose! :disguised

I was linked to this in MSN by a Keener, so blame him for this topic instead of blaming me! :dopekeen

Anyways, I like this one, I like this kind of games the best (Keen is an exception), games where the human player has no control over anything, and whatever happens is inevitable, whether random or following some rules. (Like life.)

This made me think, I got the idea a few seconds ago, that we'll "need" a Keen fan game that's uncontrollable by the player. Perhaps I'll try something like that one day.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

LOL, funny idea.

Their game "Twinoo" on there is (I think) actually interesting. It puts lots of stress on your brain--both hemispheres!
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Haha, well that's amusing.
KeenRush wrote:whatever happens is inevitable
Though, what really is inevitable about this game? At least 2D Tetris has the guarantee that eventually you're bound to lose. But this game just keeps going forever (or as much of forever as one's attention span allows).

Woah, I'm gonna start playing Twinoo on a daily basis. That game's quite a rush. It gets to the point where you're answering questions before consciously thinking the answer. Though I'm yet to clock higher than 40. I really need to work on my colour perception, it seems. I guess that's what you get for working so much with EGA palettes. :crazy

I'm also going to experiment with similar multi-hemispheric games. In fact, I have one project in the works that would make for the perfect starting point...
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Commander Spleen wrote:Though, what really is inevitable about this game?
With that I meant (basically I was repeating myself) that there's no way to affect the course of the game. I think it's interesting this one is bound to go on, until one gives up (enter high schores). Hey, wait a minute, that sounds like having some kind of control! :O Gaaaaarg! :garg

But Twinoo, yeah, it's quite interesting, never seen such game before. I can honestly say I can get zero right on the right side, with the colours. I just don't get them. More games like this might be interesting.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

KeenRush wrote:I can honestly say I can get zero right on the right side, with the colours. I just don't get them
It's an ink-based (i.e. subtractive, I think) colour combination mode. So if you look up how paints combine to create different colours, you'd understand them better.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Aye, I understand it's about combining colours, and the resulting new colours, but I have absolutely no skill or eye or brain for that, I don't even know the very basics -- whatever they are. :)
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

LOL! Nice! :lol
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

urrg i can't do BOTH at the SAME time x_x
(i used to be ME!)
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Pretty funny. Been spamming it around now. :lol

Twinoo is fun, and very challenging. It gets too difficult too fast to my tastes though.
Wow look at me I'm lurking