News *play country- and channel-appropriate news theme now*

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

The news of Exodus closing is excellent - hopefully it means fewer people are put through undue stress and torment for a "cure" for something that isn't even bad in the first place.

LL: Haha, indeed.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

A nice look at our situation (Obama's, Syria...) from an outsiders perspective.
http://youtu.be/QIMucHfUMyg
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I still prefer this 'outside perspective': http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57589 ... nsa-leaks/

In essence there's crud everywhere and there's no clean solution, especially in Syria. (Don't help, let a dictator use chemical weapons to kill his own people. Help, fuel unrest, maybe end up with a new dictator in power!)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Levellass wrote:...
In essence there's crud everywhere and there's no clean solution, especially in Syria. (Don't help, let a dictator use chemical weapons to kill his own people. Help, fuel unrest, maybe end up with a new dictator in power!)
Sad really, makes a person wonder how the region ended up in such a state.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Calgary flooded!

Photos of the aftermath... http://bizboxtv.com/calgary-flooding-20 ... res-video/

Some 200,000 were displaced I think.
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

We have a new old Prime Minister in Australia (the PM kicked out of the job by his party has been restored by his party). For those not in Australia: has you country's media covered it much? I know some UK and US papers have given it high ranking but don't know of much beyond that.

StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

American media is sh** at covering most things happening outside our country, which is why I follow the BBC or sometimes the KCNA if I'm in the mood for a laugh.

That said, I didn't read that story on the BBC either so I can't say I knew anything about it. :P
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Well, if you're interested enough, the Guardian Australia has a lot of coverage: http://www.guardian.co.uk/australia

chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

I called it at home; Rudd wins the vote and Queensland wins State of Origin 2 by 12 points! Too bad the score was wrong.

+2000 points to me. :p
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

EXTRA LIFE!

Yeah, we got a night of news about it. Frankly I think (c)Rudd isn't all that hot.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

[POLITICALOFFTOPIC]I just don't see how Labor can win the next election anymore, their constant infighting being covered by media appearances seems to show me their primary interest was keeping face and sledging Liberal more than actual governing, particularly with Gillard. I think the only reason we put up with it was because Abbot did the same thing and descend the argument to the likeness of children arguing over the rules of a game.
Still I get a laugh when I tell people I live in a country that at one point had a combined disapproval rating of 125-130%; I even thought up a slogan for the occation - Australia, soon to be lead by my hairy arse! :moon 'At least my stool is transparent.'
I'm seriously considering donkey-voting this election, that's how much I don't trust any of them to lead.[/POLITICALOFFTOPIC]
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

i think in a lot of political talk we always go on about how childlike politicians are and what-have-you, but i think they're only like that cause that is as far as the average joe is interested in politics. politicians generally use buzzwords and fear mongering cause that stuff actually works, that is what the average person actually reacts to.
in short, these supposed awful people in power are only there cause we all let them be.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I will note that Putin got actual political support because he was bald: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bald%E2%80%93hairy
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

YouTube celebrates LGBT pride

I wonder if that has anything to do with Exodus closing.

How's LGBT News with Fleexy for a series?
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Levellass wrote:I will note that Putin got actual political support because he was bald: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bald%E2%80%93hairy
HA! That's what we need, more eggheads!