Custom Titles Request Thread

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

HOLD ON!
Ye olde PCKF wrote:CK Guy
Vortininja
So you have less than 314 posts in the PCKF? Who are you trying to trick? Or is it that the custom title's rules changed?
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Bah, but how many K:M posts do I have?

Whenever KR deems it appropriate I would like to be "Bipship Engineer".
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

That's weird, I could have sworn that you could set a custom title next to the rankings through the profile page... I guess I've gotten too used to SMF. :p
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Ah, garg, I didn't even realize CK Guy hadn't enough posts. I wonder if the rule could be dropped sometime...
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
KeenCommander
Grunt

Post by KeenCommander »

Isn't that rule a little silly now, given our fairly low population? Given the number of active topics at any given time on here, I think that it would take someone a long time to accumulate 314 posts without spamming over and over again.

But then again I'm not in charge, so there may be some deep, intellectual reason to keep the old rule that I'm not aware of.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Well, yes, it is a bit stoopid. But I'm not in charge either, if I were I'd get rid of it, as well. I'll send some mail about it and ask others...
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Or, as an admin, you could set the amount of posts of the more common members equal to the amount of posts on the old forums...
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Yeah, I'd also forgotten about that 314 posts thing. But it does seem a bit arbitrary. I mean, its certainly very easy to follow, but doesn't really capture the spirit of ... stuff.

Maybe people should be allowed custom titles when they've made valuable additions to the Keen community. I mean, you can get people with 314 posts who just chill in the Misc forum and don't make any mods or anything. Or you can get other people who are active members of the Keen community, and just haven't made 314 posts on the PCKF.

This "valuable addition to the Keen community" thing--it is not really well defined. I think that any attempt to do so would ruin the purpose and bring us back to the same mindset as the 314 post threshold. Some sort of nomination thing, or an at-the-administrators'-or-moderators'-discretion thing.

Or, to be perfectly frank, anything else to get me my custom title ASAP.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

DaVince wrote:Or, as an admin, you could set the amount of posts of the more common members equal to the amount of posts on the old forums...
Even if I'm admin doesn't mean I can do whatever I think of or am being suggested. I don't know if the others would allow this, for example. And is it really that necessary? And CK Guy hadn't 314 in the old board, so it doesn't matter. I e-mailed about this rule, I'm waiting what they'll say...
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

KeenCommander wrote:Given the number of active topics at any given time on here, I think that it would take someone a long time to accumulate 314 posts without spamming over and over again.
Aye, that is true. It took ME like... a year and and a half to get to 314 posts... (And it took Harvy like 2 days.) But that was a long time ago. Although checking on the old forums I saw I had 679 posts...

Odd... I don't remember breaking 300, much less 500. I must of been posting more this past year. ANYWAY, might as well cash in on my microsol points-Er... I mean post-points and my "valuable member to community" *cough[size=0]lol[/size]* status and get a set of custom rims.

I mean custom title.

Hmm could I get... um...

Actually I don't really want a custom title yet... give me a bit.

Edit: Actually could I get anything OTHER than "Grunt?"
I ain't a grunt.
"Check out the red marker... it smells like cherries."
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Galaxieretter wrote:Edit: Actually could I get anything OTHER than "Grunt?"
I ain't a grunt.
Well, I set you to "Arachnut", just note me once you've decided somethin' else.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

KeenRush wrote:
DaVince wrote:Or, as an admin, you could set the amount of posts of the more common members equal to the amount of posts on the old forums...
Even if I'm admin doesn't mean I can do whatever I think of or am being suggested. I don't know if the others would allow this, for example. And is it really that necessary? And CK Guy hadn't 314 in the old board, so it doesn't matter. I e-mailed about this rule, I'm waiting what they'll say...
I was more aiming at "you CAN do it as an admin" rather than "you're allowed to". Post count isn't important though, and most of the more regular members are starting fresh now anyway.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Dang, I almost had 314 posts. :dead

Can I get half of a custom title? Like "grundopefish" or something?
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

elecdude33 wrote:Dang, I almost had 314 posts. :dead

Can I get half of a custom title? Like "grundopefish" or something?
I'd vote 'Mad Mushroom' for you. Ain't you the 'ericmushroomwilson' in the Keen wiki and K:M forums? :p

Well, first of all, I was joking. I really think CK Guy deserves a title for his great contributions to the Next Generation Modding tool series (i.e. Keen: Galaxy modding tools, um).

Next...

Crap, I forgot.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Shadow Master wrote: I'd vote 'Mad Mushroom' for you. Ain't you the 'ericmushroomwilson' in the Keen wiki and K:M forums? :p
That'd be a good one. :lol