The Timezone Thread

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

KeenEmpire wrote:uh.. where?

It is at the end of the forum list, just above the "Who is Online" panel.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

I'll have to keep that place in mind next time I play hide and seek.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

oic
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

What do you use those two things for though? After you read a topic it automatically gets marked as read, and it seems easier to just click on "show posts since last visit" when you first arrive, which shows everything that has been posted since the last time you were here, even if you didn't mark things as read.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

My interests are pretty narrow (for someone of this community) and sometimes i'd have to click 6-8 threads.. of course, this is on a busy day.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

I've never used the "Mark All" on the main page, but I frequently find myself using the "Mark All Topics Read" whenever a new user blazes through all of our miscellaneous polls. :)
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

I've not run into the need for those commands (mark * read) since the forum went phpBB. It does everything for me.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Is there some sort of automatic Mark * Read in effect? I've noticed on a couple of occasions, if I rock up and read through a couple of threads, but get distracted and come back to finish them off later on, all the ones that were new for my last visit are no longer marked, so then I have to go by the timestamps.
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

Commander Spleen wrote:Is there some sort of automatic Mark * Read in effect? I've noticed on a couple of occasions, if I rock up and read through a couple of threads, but get distracted and come back to finish them off later on, all the ones that were new for my last visit are no longer marked, so then I have to go by the timestamps.
There is, in all phpBB2 forums I've ever visited (including Keen: Modding).
LJH
Vortininja

Post by LJH »

GMT+12/+13 (depending on DST or not, currently is DST so +13, DST ends first sunday of april)
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Shadow Master wrote:There is, in all phpBB2 forums I've ever visited (including Keen: Modding).
That would explain why I've found a few threads that are years old that I've never read before. Is there a way to disable it?
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

Australian Eastern Standard Time: GMT +10:00

not very farway from spleen
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!