Webcomics

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

KeenRush wrote:They don't save the comic. Dopekeen
This sounds like an unfounded grudge to me. It seems out of character for you to dislike something based predominantly on a less-than-polished appearance.

I find xkcd's simplicity quite refreshing, and it reflects my own desire to strip the content in my art (and life in general, more recently) that is unnecessary to what I want it (or vice versa) to convey.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Hah, since when I should stay in some character? :p But notice my next sentence after that: "I'm not saying badly drawn can't be good, but I just don't want to view a comic that doesn't even hide its badness with great pictures." My main problem here is with the actual comic, not its appearance. I hate the strips, and badly drawn images won't make it any better in my eyes. That's the point. :) And I don't mind simplicity or such, I think in this case it annoys me just because of the actual comic. Though, I'm not much interested in seeing stick figures, either.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
LJH
Vortininja

Post by LJH »

Obviously XKCD, apart from that, Holy Bibble can be quite entertaining. (Warning: not reccomended for Christians who are easily offended)
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Not the greatest Toothpaste for Dinner, but it should be mentioned nevertheless.

KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Even more minimalistic than XKCD. :bloody
Hah. I'm not sure I got it, though.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

KeenRush wrote:40? :eek How do you have time to do anything else?
Webcomics update really slowly, and some update only weekly or on a non-daily schedule, so yeah, it isn't that difficult. :)

I wanted to export the bookmarks but it'd export EVERYTHING plus icons while I only want to post links. Gimme a while. <_<
Wow look at me I'm lurking
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

C'mon KeenRush, look at today's XKCD - how can you not like it, it's so true!

I will not go to bed until you admit that this is a good comic. :p
After posting this, CK Guy can truthfully say that he wrote:There really needs to be some sort of 'I just pulled off meta humor' emotikeen. Maybe a picture of Keen looking at himself on one of those robored TVs.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

What do you want me to do? LEAVE? Then they'll keep being wrong!

Hmm, Toothpaste for Dinner seems amusing. I'll look into that. Which reminds me of another off-topic rant... toothpaste sucks--it's the reason my teeth are in such bad shape.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Well Spleen, it's not supposed to taste good, I think. Or not to be eaten for dinner.

Good idea CK Guy. But can it fit in relatively small size?
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Blue
The Big Foot

Post by Blue »

you should read:

Something Positive
http://www.somethingpositive.net

and

Questionable Content
http://questionablecontent.net/

those two are pretty good comics. they've been running for quite some time
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Blue wrote: Questionable Content
http://questionablecontent.net/
I read quite a bit of that a while ago, but I think I either got sick of all the relationship drama or just generally lost interest.

Edit: KeenEmpire, you seem to have stretched the forums past the width of the screen by posting that comic...
LJH
Vortininja

Post by LJH »

It doesn't stretch my scr--*remembers he has widescreen*...nevermind.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

KeenRush wrote:Well Spleen, it's not supposed to taste good, I think. Or not to be eaten for dinner.
I'm not talking about the taste. I'm talking about the alarming number of teeth in my jaw that are decayed to the point that they're no longer recognisable as teeth, along with the resulting toothaches. The situation has relatively stabilised, and toothaches have pretty much ceased, since I stopped using toothpaste a year and a half ago.

Also, that Hitler comic is great. :lol
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

CS wrote:I'm not talking about the taste. I'm talking about the alarming number of teeth in my jaw that are decayed to the point that they're no longer recognisable as teeth, along with the resulting toothaches. The situation has relatively stabilised, and toothaches have pretty much ceased, since I stopped using toothpaste a year and a half ago.
Haha, the toothpaste companies gon' be on yo ass for letting the secret out.