LED monitors

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

LED monitors

Post by Roobar »

Recently, I've been thinking of moving to LED monitor. Does anyone have LED? What are your thoughts?

I'm currently with a standard 22 inch one and I'm looking for a 23 inch LED tn panel one. Maybe the newer Samsung bx2350 or the less newer xl2370.

But I'm not happy with the reviews of these, especially for bx2350. Reviewers said that its actual contrast ratio is below 800:1 (considering 850 is normal). And the worst part is that it has noticeable backlight clouding. What a shame. That's not all. The color representation is worse. Although it could be improved, it is still badder than the xl2370.

On the other hand, xl2370 has better contrast ratio and it's better for gaming, but it's more expensive, have worsen stand and it's not the best for professional use. Overall, not much improvement to consider buying it.

px2370 stands somewhere in-between. It should be for more professional use, but it has a noticeable blue-ish black and it's not as sexy as xl2370 or bx2350.

All of these are equally worse for watching movies.

I've got my eyes on one acer too, which wasn't suffering from the "blue black" effect, but it was with really ugly design.

LG... They're trying, but they all suffer from the same problems with their panels.

Overall, I'm really confused which one to buy. Or should I really buy now? I'm disappointed by samsung monitors, which, for some reason, are much worsen than their tvs :crazy

If you don't have an opinion, please don't be cereal.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

What's an LED monitor? Do you mean LCD?

I have an LCD and it has seriously messed with my eyed. The light is so unnatural, and I always seem to have trouble getting the brightness up.

It's also horrible for playing old DOS games, because they have a fixed resolution, so scaling 320x200 to a 1024x658 LCD to true fullscreen is really choppy.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Paramultart wrote:What's an LED monitor? Do you mean LCD?

I have an LCD and it has seriously messed with my eyed. The light is so unnatural, and I always seem to have trouble getting the brightness up.

It's also horrible for playing old DOS games, because they have a fixed resolution, so scaling 320x200 to a 1024x658 LCD to true fullscreen is really choppy.
LED is correct - it uses LEDs as the backlight for a crisper image with less power usage.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

LED looks a lot clearer than LCD. I've got an LED-backlit screen on this laptop, and it looks a lot brighter and clearer than most LCDs. And I've never had any problems with fullscreen games.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I'll have to look into it whenever I get a new monitor. :)
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I've got LED backlit, and I can't complain about anything, but I'm not a technics nerd, and use a laptop because I can carry it around, so I prolly don't know what's good.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Well, I bought XL2370:

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/moni ... EFPKFKD/ZA

23" Screen Size
1920 x 1080 Resolution (I still have to get used to this (my previous resolution was 1680x1050), especially when surfing the net and this forum too - waay too long now)
2ms Response Time
1,000:1 Typical Contrast Ratio
5,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
170°/160° Viewing Angle

Well, it's still TN, but what the hell. Just a little bit color calibration and it's it's freaking awesome! Love it so far!!

:eek :lol :lol :lol :D :love