Potential #PCKF tom hall Q and A

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
PandoricaShark
To Be Precise

Post by PandoricaShark »

We should take the opportunity to ask about other apogee games too, because even though we have Apogee1 here on the forums, he's not always on, he's never on #pckf, and I have no idea how long he's been working at Apogee, whether he's from the old days or a new addition from when they respawned.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I think Apogee1 is actually Joe Seigler, although I'm probably very mistaken.

I doubt it's anyone from the original crew, though.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Q: Do you believe you can get the TUIT rights within the next 5 years? (One can always ask... :dopekeen)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

How have you been doing since your stroke? Could you say that you've completely recovered?
PandoricaShark
To Be Precise

Post by PandoricaShark »

Bobby Prince. He basically dropped off the radar, what happened to him? His site's got a malware warning and his wikipedia page has {{stub}} on it.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

He fell asleep one day and never woke up. It's believed he's being forced to write the missing Keen Dreams music.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
PandoricaShark
To Be Precise

Post by PandoricaShark »

So. Everyone think we have enough for me to send the message to tom hall?
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Ceilick's questions seem to be the only ones worth asking. The others are either pointless or stupid. So, go for Ceilick's I guess.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

I disagree. Yes, Ceilick's questions are certainly the most frequently asked ones. However, as you can see, everyone wants to ask a different question, and you can't just say that these are stupid.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Agreed, although some of these are more trivial than others, they also seem to require more or less one sentence answers. Unless Tom is short on time I don't see the problem in asking.. That said, we probably want to prioritize our questions incase he can't stay long.

Inspired by Lava's semi-recent thread:

Q: Do you think Keen as a series could be profitable and/or popular in today's gaming climate?

Building off Keenrush's question,

Q: To what extent have the rights to Keen or creative control been sought after? What is the main obstruction? Does the near future look any different in terms of finally getting a hold of Keen?
PandoricaShark
To Be Precise

Post by PandoricaShark »

I'm from a small Commander Keen forum called PCKF, and we'd all be really totally psyched if you managed to find some free time eventually to come down to our IRC channel (irc.foonetic.net #pckf) and come answer a few questions for us. It'd be pretty much the best thing ever, and we've also got some things to show you that you might (or might not) be interested in.
Sent.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

PandoricaShark wrote:
I'm from a small Commander Keen forum called PCKF, and we'd all be really totally psyched if you managed to find some free time eventually to come down to our IRC channel (irc.foonetic.net #pckf) and come answer a few questions for us. It'd be pretty much the best thing ever, and we've also got some things to show you that you might (or might not) be interested in.
Sent.
Tom Hall knows we exist - you don't have to phrase it like that...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Nospike wrote:I disagree. Yes, Ceilick's questions are certainly the most frequently asked ones. However, as you can see, everyone wants to ask a different question, and you can't just say that these are stupid.
That is true if we want to make ourselves look like a bunch of retarded kids. Again, those questions ceilick just made up sound very legit. Questions such as "why is there an apple in keen dreams" are just plain stupid sorry.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I'm much more curious about Tom's old ideas, sketches, and scrapped material from previous or unfinished Keen titles.

Any questions along those lines would be great.

It would be nice if the man got involved in the community and continued developing the Keen universe, even if no official games come from it.

You know, give us a peek at his old journals and whatnot. ;)
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"