Logo contest!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

xtraverse wrote:I know PHP/html/css/etc... what needs to be done?
Why do you ask when you know the answer?
KeenRush wrote:Who knows, but that isn't my fault at least.
Oh yes it!
You're not standing up for yourself against the other crew and you don't form a team with them. I wonder if there is any kind of communication between you guys at all.
But you're definitely one of the people to blame for that.
Aaaah, not the bees!
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

I agree with Djaser on this point. Of all of the admin-type people, KeenRush is by far the most active in the community, and yet he seems to have less power (administrative and otherwise) than many of these unseen admins.
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Keeners shouldn't squabble amongst themselves. Everybody take two steps back, recompose yourselves, and this will get taken care of.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Let's get few things straight. If the forum is working alright, which it is, in my opinion, what communication there should be? 'Day 284, all is fine.' And how much do you see the other admins here? I'm not saying they don't visit, I'm not saying anything as I don't keep their movements on eye -- but at least they don't post much. And if I'm somehow left out of things and instead of using our mailing list they're secretly exchanging mails in private or using some other way, how on earth could I know about it? (And no, I don't believe they do that, I don't think there has been anything said. We've always been quiet.) And what exactly I'm doing wrong here? I guess you consider it my fault that adurdin doesn't want to let his server access in hands of someone he knows from an internet board... :rolleyes Or that it's my fault that adurdin is busy and hasn't replied to my mail yet...

And standing up for myself... :lol I have no reason to do that as in my opinion there's nothing wrong. And I wouldn't do that in any case, in case there were a reason, as that'd be silly.

But sure, it's easy to blame me. :p
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

XkyRauh wrote:Keeners shouldn't squabble amongst themselves. Everybody take two steps back, recompose yourselves, and this will get taken care of.
I’m only giving my opinion here, I’m not in anger with anyone. And thing being taken care of? Yeah we’ve seen how that goes. How many topics and years had to pass before we moved to this place?
KeenRush wrote:Let's get few things straight. If the forum is working alright, which it is, in my opinion, what communication there should be? 'Day 284, all is fine.'
No not all is fine.
The forum design is still php bb standard. Nobody even bothered to install the graphics of the old ezboard forum which were quite nice. 284 days passed and nothing happened. Everything is fine? I’d almost say ‘how dare you!’
And how much do you see the other admins here? I'm not saying they don't visit, I'm not saying anything as I don't keep their movements on eye -- but at least they don't post much.
That’s the point darling. Nobody visits this place active but you but yet you can’t/refuse to take up full admin duties.
And if I'm somehow left out of things and instead of using our mailing list they're secretly exchanging mails in private or using some other way, how on earth could I know about it? (And no, I don't believe they do that, I don't think there has been anything said. We've always been quiet.)
No, I don’t believe that. But it’s a very bad thing that there is no communication between you guys at all. It’s even worse that some people apparently don’t even bother to answer their mail. Team work is important.
And what exactly I'm doing wrong here?
Refusing to take responsibility. Blaming other crewmembers that they don’t act but doing nothing yourself.
I guess you consider it my fault that adurdin doesn't want to let his server access in hands of someone he knows from an internet board... :rolleyes Or that it's my fault that adurdin is busy and hasn't replied to my mail yet...
Please stop guessing.
And standing up for myself... :lol I have no reason to do that as in my opinion there's nothing wrong. And I wouldn't do that in any case, in case there were a reason, as that'd be silly.
If that’s so than you’re in my opinion unfit for your position.
But sure, it's easy to blame me. :p
True, but it’s even more easy to play innocent and acting like everybody is wrong but you.
Aaaah, not the bees!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I fucling have no access to adurdin's server. I can't do everything in the admin panel. I just can't do anything about those matters. :furious Do you understand now? Not yet? I have no idea what those full admin duties are you're talking about. Please tell me where I can have them, too.

And last, I'm not blaming anyone, and certainly not blaming myself for not having rights that aren't given to me. Funny thing you make it sound like there's team work everywhere and I'm somehow voluntarily escaping it. I'd like to know what the garg you're even talking about. You haven't answered my guestions at all, instead you're just making wild statements.

I can't understand how childish begging "I want those rights, I want those rights" could make me more fit for this 'position'.

And if you mean with 'stop guessing' that you think that's it my fault if someone else doesn't do exactly what I hope he'd do, then you're out of your mind.

And this isn't the standard php theme, to note. And if you think admins everywhere are also masters at css and web programming, then you're wrong. I've said before that I'm not going to try to design a new design for this forum or anything, I just don't have those skills or eye for colours. And that's not even part of my so-called job, as far as I can see, I'm here to maintain order of some kind, not make new designs (especially when there's nothing wrong with the current one).
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

:(

I'm not sure what to say.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

djaser wrote:I’m only giving my opinion here, I’m not in anger with anyone.
Yet you are flaming. Especially with that patronising 'darling' remark. Nonetheless, you do have a point. It would be refreshing to see the plain phpbb graphics replaced and have a full Keen theme put in place.

Anyway, let's look at what can be done instead of arguing about what's not being done.

Knowledge Base - Adding a Random Header Image
Knowledge Base - How to install styles on phpBB3

Looks like they do require access to the server, so even with full admin access KeenRush is unable to upload the changes. Looks like you're off the hook for now. :P In the meantime, we need to compile the required images and design the style, logos and random image script.

Perhaps we could get a page setup to allow an admin limited upload capabilities. It would take a couple of files as a time and add them to either the styles or logos directories. Actually, a simpler idea would be an FTP account that can access those directories.

Either of these solutions would only require Andy to make a slight change. We'll be able to take care of the rest ourselves--taking care to check for malicious code beforehand, of course, but I don't expect anyone here who's trusted to write it would do something like that.

Back to the admin subject, though. I do find it unprofessional that we have one active admin with only limited capabilities (what is it you're not able to do, KR?). IMKO, forum adminship should be reconsidered in light of extended absence. KeenRush has my vote for full admin, assuming he's willing to take it on.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

CK Guy wrote::(

Anything but that, then. :foot

Cheers Spleen, you seem to understand me. :) As for what I'm not able to do, it's everything related to the actual php code and uploading files. This means I can't do the changes mentioned above, as said.

Yes, that idea with a limited ftp account might work, at least for images. But then again, changing those doesn't probably happen that often, either. I think adurdin here is concerned about security, which is a very good thing, in my opinion.
xtraverse
Stranded Fish

Post by xtraverse »

It's not that KeenRush has less capabilities than the rest of us admins, just that as far as I know adurdin is the only one that can access his own server...that does make it difficult for any of us to do certain tasks that require server access.

And Djaser, I guess I read posts in this topic out of context, so that was a general request for what people wanted done to the forum. All of us admins do have a mailing list we use to talk to each other. So why don't you kindly shut up now.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Oeh big toes!
Aaaah, not the bees!
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

KeenRush wrote:
CK Guy wrote::(

Anything but that, then. :foot
I'm not sure if this is meant as a joke or not. I hope it is. I was shocked by what had happened in the few posts before that one, and wanted to express my disapproval, but wasn't sure how to do it. (Maybe I should be more direct, like Djaser suggests...)

Also, this is my last post in this thread. No matter what.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

CK Guy wrote:I'm not sure if this is meant as a joke or not. I hope it is. I was shocked by what had happened in the few posts before that one, and wanted to express my disapproval, but wasn't sure how to do it. (Maybe I should be more direct, like Djaser suggests...)

Also, this is my last post in this thread. No matter what.
Well, I meant it in the sense that the kind of posts that are "I have nothing to say so I post this post telling so" are a bit useless. :) Although now when I read what you meant with it -- even if I'm not still sure what you exactly meant with it -- it makes some sense. I don't know what you were shocked by, but I hope it wasn't me, as I can't see having said anything shocking. But why not posting in this topic anymore? That makes absolutely no sense to me, especially as you haven't told any reason. :confused
Yorpy
Vorticon Elder

Post by Yorpy »

woah holy garg you guys need to calm down.

all the admins have the same power, why the anger at KeenRush? he does a fine job.

Besides the header image, I think the forum looks fine.
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

bump
(i used to be ME!)