Logo contest!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Yorpy
Vorticon Elder

Post by Yorpy »

I like it but, as others have said, there's a lot of wasted space on the right side.
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

Hmm i guess i could fill up the whole logo with things from the Keeniverse (for better composition), but that will take a bit longer.

I would be great to see the logo in place so i know precisely how i should put things. Right know i don't know where the logo is going to be ect...

Here are the fullsize textblocks as standalones if you want to see how that looks.

Keep the feedback coming!
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Wow, those are really nice, especially when they're big like that.

Maybe there could be an option in the profile that lets us choose the logo (as well as the style), that way we can have whichever one (assuming that there will be more logos made) we personally want.
It'd be better than a random logo, anyway.

I'll try making some graphics as well. Of course, I don't really make graphics like this that much.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

VERY nice. Though there is one problem: some people want to have the forum name changed to "The Keen Forum"...

I myself am fine with the PCKF, changing the name would only become confusing anyway. :P
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

"The Keen Forum" would definitely allow for a skinnier logo (Because I tried fitting "Public Commander Keen Forum" onto a logo, and it looked really bad).
Maybe using just "PCKF" would work better?
KeenCommander
Grunt

Post by KeenCommander »

Amazing logo, DSL. Personally, I'd get rid of the pogo entirely and either add more small stuff, or even just leave it as is. I can't decide between greed and pink border, they both look really nice.

Is there really any reason to still call it the "Public Commander Keen Forum," other than for the sake of tradition? Unless there's a private Commander Keen forum that the admins are keeping a secret from us :). It just seems a little lengthy, though I don't think "The Keen Forum" sounds as nice, it's just a little too simple.
DSL

Post by DSL »

Okay i tried to use the text "The Keen Forum" to see what it would look like.
Here are some in different colours.

And the textblock only.

ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

I really like the first one--now that you don't have the whole text "public commander keen forum" the image doesn't seem so unbalanced.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

These are totally Awesome renders. With a capital A.
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

This is going to be superbly picky, but what about a render with the top 2/3 of the logo border pink, and the bottom 1/3 blue? :)

That width fits the image above remarkably well.
DSL

Post by DSL »

Nice, well one thing has to be settled before this logo can be finished and that is the definite name of this forum...

I have no problem with either the old name or "The Keen Forum".
The later will make it easier on the logo though.

Or maybe we could have the name
"The Keen Forum (formerly known as the Public Commander Keen Forum)"

:eek
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Or maybe the banner could say like

T H E _ P C K F

all spaced out so that it's about as long as The Keen Forum. I'm really attached to the name "Public Commander Keen Forum."
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Not a bad idea, that written in that style would look neat -- and look better, instead of repeating PCKF two times (since there's that text already). Of course the text could be removed, though, probably...
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

KeenCommander wrote:Is there really any reason to still call it the "Public Commander Keen Forum," other than for the sake of tradition? Unless there's a private Commander Keen forum that the admins are keeping a secret from us :).
:lol I always thought the same EXACT thing too.

"I'ma head over to the PRIVATE Commander Keen forum."
"DAMNIT! I'm only public."

And in my opinion, I don't think "The Keen Forum" is a good name. I think the name or title should at LEAST have the name of the computer game in it. (Which is "Commander Keen"... not just "Keen". In case you didn't know.)

And forget it. It seems DSL has the whole logo thing covered already. Good job, looks great. I personally like the blue border. For some reason that looks REALLY appealing to me. Maybe it's because I'm obsessed with the color blue.

*Looks at avatar.*
*Cough*
"Check out the red marker... it smells like cherries."
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Hahaha, a long time ago there WAS a private Commander Keen Forum (though it wasn't actually called that). I don't know who named the forum actually. I'd guess Cho'gall.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's