Happy Halloween!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Happy Halloween!

Post by Paramultart »

I just wanted to wish PCKF a Happy Halloween.

How do you plan on celebrating All Hallow's Eve this year? Image
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Lumpytoast
Vortininja

Post by Lumpytoast »

Thanks! You can probably guess who I'm going as...

And just like Keen, I shall engorge in candy. Lots of it.
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Doing Trunk or Treat at church for the kids. Hallows Day I'm doing a 3 hour long first aid class so my wife and I can start fostering.

Going as Jonah and decorating my car as a big whale/fish. Can't wait to shave off my beard, which too patchy for my tastes.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

We had a party last Saturday. I was dressed as some sort of an undead/ghost hybrid.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Scilicet
Vortininja

Post by Scilicet »

I'll be attending my American Literature and the Environment class tonight from 6 to 9. We're discussing Jane Jacobs's book The Death and Life of Great American Cities and essays written on it, one of which is mine. We're also doing a peer review of short essays classmates have written.
I'm in the minority since I don't like or celebrate Halloween, unless you count buying candy on sale the days and weeks after it.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

I'll be staying in my house handing out candy and modding. Ya, I have no life.
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Might carve a pumpkin--tried to carve the eye of the Crimson King the other day but it was a fail.

Possible drunken times afterward.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Make it a Keen reference!
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Yyep.

Nice Keen costume Lumpytoast...enough people on this forums have done that that I feel like I should someday. :D
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Scilicet wrote:I'll be attending my American Literature and the Environment class tonight from 6 to 9. We're discussing Jane Jacobs's book The Death and Life of Great American Cities and essays written on it, one of which is mine. We're also doing a peer review of short essays classmates have written.
I'm in the minority since I don't like or celebrate Halloween, unless you count buying candy on sale the days and weeks after it.
You should read the book called "Naked City" by Sharon Zukin.
Death And Life was basically good for the 1960s. Naked City on the other hand is an update, and it hits on the major holes that Jacobs was ignorant to.

http://citybreaths.com/post/1249025629/ ... g-its-soul
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/21/nyreg ... wanted=all

edit: Oh yeah, the topic's halloween. Well, I want to be a yorp for some halloween. Maybe some day...
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Scilicet wrote:I'll be attending my American Literature and the Environment class tonight from 6 to 9. We're discussing Jane Jacobs's book The Death and Life of Great American Cities and essays written on it, one of which is mine. We're also doing a peer review of short essays classmates have written.
I approve of your activities! I'd ask if I could read the essay if I thought that I could understand even some of it.

I'm not a halloween fan either, a lot of Australians aren't. One of the more popular statuses on my Facebook last night was when someone said to a friend who said they might stop by and demand lollies that they'll whack them in the face with a shovel if they do.

Ceilick: I thought you meant King Crimson's Cimson King (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Inthe ... onKing.jpg) - THAT would be an awesome pumpkin carving if someone could manage it. I dressed as an alternative Crimson King once for a party - was win.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Saw 2 kids dressed up like GreenBay players. One was about Keen's age. Saddly both had their G's upside down on the helmet. What a waste of a good Keen accessory! I still like the Packers but hope for more. At least I got to see Barf from Space Balls!
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

FUTUREKEEN -a costume-

In hindsight, colouring the shirt purple would've been neat. Awell, back to studying.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

I don't do Halloween either. It had all but dies out over here until it was imported from America in a new tackier form...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

kuliwil wrote:FUTUREKEEN -a costume-
Haha I'd make this my avatar but I think people would find the size objectionable