Stuff the X Factor, the US is giving us another garging war!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

If there is going to be war, let it happen. I'm tired of waiting around and I don't care at all about anything this country does or will do because I do not, nor ever had, any say in anything that happens to me at all.
All choices I have are just an illusion granted to me by whoever is running the show. (Going to college, getting a job, the rest.)
I'm just part of a statistic in the grand scheme of things. Yes, I am smarter and far more educated than most, which accounts for a lot, meaning I'm probably never going to be the lowest of the low in terms of society.

In other words, I don't care. Let the bureaucrats play general over their oil and ignore the fact that all could be made with renewable resources. Let them keep raping the earth, I say. I'll die like the rest of them and those four hundred years from now will look back in the history holo-grams (seriously though and books) and shake their heads. Either that or they won't be educated at all due to dystopia. (the whole "ignorance is bliss" thing. Give them food and shelter and the slaves are happy because they see nothing else.)

The world population is just too high and there will be conflict in years to come. There has to be.
"Check out the red marker... it smells like cherries."
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Galaxieretter wrote:The world population is just too high and there will be conflict in years to come. There has to be.
Or there could totally be a revolution in science and population planning and the sudden outbreak of world peace.

:crazy

I agree with you when addressing the US. There is still something left for other countries but you can see civil liberties falling apart all over the world.

Maybe the idea of politics as we know it is where everything went wrong: http://www.economist.com/blogs/prospero ... al-tyranny
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

I am not worried about population growth. Some places in Western Europe have extremely high population. Yet they are not in chaos. As there is more people there is more adaptation and technology to accommodate that.

It's another thing if the population of a place quadruples in 20 years. That's scary.
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Some places in Western Europe have extremely high population. Yet they are not in chaos.
Oh boy. They are not in chaos now in terms of violence or starvation, but the Eurozone and its constituent economies are in turmoil financially nonetheless.

Furthermore, there's plenty of food, oil, and electronic gadgets in these highly populated areas right now (include any relatively wealthy city/urban area you can think of), but only because the agriculture and industry producing them makes most of the rest of the world into a hellhole. For example, I just read this story: http://www.independent.ie/world-news/am ... 85119.html

There will be a war very soon. Either a second Korean War, or more likely, something nasty will happen in Iran. As it stands, it's pretty chaotic there: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16501566
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Benvolio wrote:
Some places in Western Europe have extremely high population. Yet they are not in chaos.
Oh boy. They are not in chaos now in terms of violence or starvation, but the Eurozone and its constituent economies are in turmoil financially nonetheless.
^
Also, population growth means farming land will be take over by housing (unless we pull things together and do something about it (unlikely)), climate change is set to make food production difficult AND anything that goes wrong in the food supply around the world could have an affect on Europe via imports.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."