Forum Name

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.

"Public Commander Keen Forum" or "The Keen Forum"?

Public Commander Keen Forum
79%
The Keen Forum
9%
Something else
12%

Total votes: 33

KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

As do I...
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

CK Guy wrote:Hmm, I like the sound of "PCKF" a lot more than "CKF".
You don't HAVE TO abbreviate it.
Aaaah, not the bees!
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Ah, I can't explain it. I just want the name to stay "Public Commander Keen Forum" with the acronym "PCKF". I don't know if there's anything else I can say.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Don't forget that Google doesn't only search for text inside a page, it ranks pages based on how many sites link to that page. The reason the PCKF doesn't show up in any Google results is because only a handful of sites link to it. If you want it to show up first in Google, you'll have to get more sites linking here - the name isn't really all that relevant as far as Google's concerned.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Maybe someone should try to contact the currently active Keen fansites and get them to add a link to this forum or update their link if they already link to the ezBoard one.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

I guess everyone's so used to the good ol' PCKF that it'd be a bad idea to change the name.

Judging by the poll, I think things will stay "PCKF". Fine by me! :)
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Malv is right, and to mention, our Keen sites, even if many of them link to PCKF (at least the ones that are still alive), don't get that much visitors either. There simply isn't that much interest in Keen...
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

I love the old name. It should stay that way. Period. :dopekeen
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

So the name stays the name solely for the reason that this has been the name as long as most of us can remember and thus it should stay forever, as is goes with all proposed changes.
I can only shed my head because of this stupidity
Aaaah, not the bees!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

:lol Well, I can't understand why it should be changed, for the sake of changing it, either. Especially as only few have voted something else than PCKF in this poll. I don't think a new name would bring any more traffic even if it had 'commanderkeen' in it.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I like the idea of calling it "The Commander Keen Forum." It puts out the content of the site in as straightforward a manner as possible without simplifying it too much (as in "The Keen Forum.") The "Public" is alright with me but seems a bit superfluous.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Don't forget that you can easily sneak more links in if you regularly post in other forums, by putting a link to this forum into your signature.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Djaser wrote:So the name stays the name solely for the reason that this has been the name as long as most of us can remember and thus it should stay forever, as is goes with all proposed changes.
Well, stupidity? It's not a bad name, and it's been so long that a name change would only bring confusement... Maybe not really, but it'd take time to adjust, like if Coca Cola suddenly became Taco Cola.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

DaVince wrote:
Djaser wrote:So the name stays the name solely for the reason that this has been the name as long as most of us can remember and thus it should stay forever, as is goes with all proposed changes.
Well, stupidity? It's not a bad name, and it's been so long that a name change would only bring confusement... Maybe not really, but it'd take time to adjust,
Crap
like if Coca Cola suddenly became Taco Cola.
Bad comparison.
Aaaah, not the bees!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

But there's no reason for changing it! Some people were expecting something major revival of this community with the board change (don't ask why), I don't think this'd do it either.