Americans

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Americans

Post by Rorie »

it has came to my attention that lately some members who are american think lately i have been going back to my old ways attacking thier country and who is to blame for 9/11

i do not condone what happended on the world trade centre on that fateful day of the 9th of september 2011. the people are not to blame for what happened but the government itself for getting involved with the middle east

i have said time and time again that after i visted hawaii in may 2011 that i loved visting the u.s i found the people americans and native hawaiians to be very friendly and helpful in fact if i had an accident such as a heart attack that there would at least 1 person who would perform cpr and call for the paramedics

i loved your country and i want to go back at least sometime in the future

in no way i am going back to hating america or americans you are all good people! give yourself credit for that
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Do yuh... do yuh really meeean dat? Awwww shucks! :blush
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

We love you too, Rorie.

:christmas
"Check out the red marker... it smells like cherries."
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

how much do you weigh?
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:how much do you weigh?
gained just over a kilogram over the last 2 weeks 112.9kg due to inactivity and eating too much cuz i have just returned to work as of last week. i always update my journey in my sig so next time you can just look for my sig and you will have the answer to your question
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Re: Americans

Post by RoboBlue »

Rorie wrote:i do not condone what happended on the world trade centre on that fateful day of the 9th of september 2011. the people are not to blame for what happened but the government itself for getting involved with the middle east
I understand what you're saying, but I think it's an oversimplification of a very complex issue.
If common knowledge is to be believed, one of the main reasons America has been hated in the middle east is our support of Israel, which can't easily be withdrawn. We have no allies in the middle east aside from them, and it would weigh heavy on any leader's mind that, if we were to abandon Israel, it would probably be rubble within a year. Abandoning Israel would not gain us any new friends, and our enemies would not forget our actions of the last 60 years over any short period of time.
On the other hand, our continued support of Israel strains our relations with many countries, and isn't really useful for much more than local political support and a base from which to attack our enemies (many of whom were made because we support Israel).

That being said, the topic of Israel carries a serious stigma in most of the western world, both because of the Holocaust and certain Jewish lobbying groups' eagerness to paint anything they don't like as antisemitism. It's wrong, but you should be aware that many people will see you as a racist for criticizing Israel in any way.

For the record, I know that not all Jews support Israel, and outside of crazy people on television or in politics, I've never personally seen or heard anyone of the Jewish faith attacking people of differing views or labeling them as antisemitic; the problem is really just a small number of crazy people who get undeserved attention, like the Westboro Baptist Church does (they protest at soldiers' funerals).
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

I just read over my posts in the "US is giving us another war" thread. I think my comments may have been a little too broad.

For the record, I was not accusing you, Rorie, of attacking the United States. I merely pointed out that OBL and al-Qaeda are prejudiced against the West in general, and therefore sought to attack the United States because we were the Western country most involved in the Middle East.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Keep it on topic or the pruning shears are coming out.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Flaose wrote:Keep it on topic or the pruning shears are coming out.
It's a topic about Americans I figured. :/
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

It's a topic where the conversation is about anti-Americanism and relations with the Middle-East. In no previous moment were domestic problems discussed. Your OWS-styled post was hardly more relevant to the topic at hand than what could be expected from a spam-bot.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

RoboBlue wrote:I understand what you're saying, but I think it's an oversimplification of a very complex issue.
If common knowledge is to be believed, one of the main reasons America has been hated in the middle east is our support of Israel, which can't easily be withdrawn.
Well, al Qaeda's stated reasons were the presence of military bases in the Middle East. Ron Paul was pretty much right when he pointed out (in debate) "they don't attack us just because we're free and prosperous" but rather because they have a military incentive.

Still, support for Israel may well be a part of it. However, I'm not sure what you mean when you say it can't easily be withdrawn. Just announce that we're no longer funding them and in a decade or two everyone will have moved on. Of course, if you mean that it's not easy because of the stupid politicians here, you're probably right.
RoboBlue wrote:if we were to abandon Israel, it would probably be rubble within a year.
Really? Israel has, along with possibly the most effective army in the Middle East, nuclear weapons which are deterrent to any attack.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

KeenEmpire wrote: Really? Israel has, along with possibly the most effective army in the Middle East, nuclear weapons which are deterrent to any attack.
Then both Israel and Iran will be rubble :dopekeen
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

KeenEmpire wrote:Really? Israel has, along with possibly the most effective army in the Middle East, nuclear weapons which are deterrent to any attack.
Nuclear weapons aren't a deterrent to terrorism, and there are still well-armed enemies of Israel who would support and supply independent militant groups. If Israel did use nukes, I think western nations would step in pretty quickly to take them away.

One year may have been a bit of a harsh estimate, but any large-scale armed conflict without US aid would almost certainly end badly for Israel, which is probably why they haven't taken action against Iran.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

RoboBlue wrote: Nuclear weapons aren't a deterrent to terrorism, and there are still well-armed enemies of Israel who would support and supply independent militant groups.
You're right, but Israel's been dealing with this stuff in all the usual questionable ways. As these aren't really large-scale conflicts, they ought to be able to continue affording it.
RoboBlue wrote:One year may have been a bit of a harsh estimate, but any large-scale armed conflict without US aid would almost certainly end badly for Israel
I think you have it backwards: the nukes are for the large-scale armed conflicts. Indeed, they should prevent anyone else from trying such a silly thing.
RoboBlue wrote:which is probably why they haven't taken action against Iran.
If Israel can't declare war on their own, then I say, so much the better. The worst that can happen is MAD, which turns out to be fairly stable.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image