OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

VBB, if you're serious, I can't help but feel that your skewed perspective is residual from your background in the Mormon religion.

I can understand being against abortion, but if you think contraception is pre-murder, then by that logic you've committed mass-genocide every time you ever tossed a load into an old sock. Think about it.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

There's a hentai theater in downtown Portland. I demand they close it for the mass pre-slaughter that takes place there on a regular basis at the hands of ruthless nerds. Plus because it makes me feel weird every time I walk by it
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

edit: removed because it wasn't funny and my opinions were too mean :begging
Last edited by Cobalt on Wed Nov 06, 2013 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the cool blue keener.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I didn't say that. Cobalt, stop messing with us! :dead2
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

You can't touch Mormon Jesus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE
Paramultart wrote:I can understand being against abortion, but if you think contraception is pre-murder, then by that logic you've committed mass-genocide every time you ever tossed a load into an old sock. Think about it.
Pre-murder is an interesting idea. We're all doing it now? How? By not having sex as often as possible we are denying the lives that might be. Germ cells have only a limited lifespan and as you speak they are perishing in your body and being renewed. (Men far more than women.)

Of course this being a bad thing assumes existing is always better than not existing, among a few other assumptions.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Levellass wrote: Pre-murder is an interesting idea. We're all doing it now? How? By not having sex as often as possible we are denying the lives that might be.
This would serve as a great pretext to a terrible pickup line.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Hey guys, I've finally received my new guitar :D Can't remember the last time I felt this happy. I'm going to attempt a cover of Shikadi Rock pt.2 after Christmas when I get used to it.
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

Sorry VBB.

Anyway, let's say you have a garden full of seeds waiting to sprout. All they need is a bit of fertilizer and they'll start bursting with life. You throw a plastic tarp over the garden and dump the fertilizer on the tarp. You remove the tarp, sullied with fertilizer, and throw it out. You place another tarp on top of the seeds, dump more fertilizer on it, and throw it out again. Tarps are cheap, so you can keep doing this. No plants will grow this year.

Meanwhile, someone else is dumping their fertilizer into an empty pit or re-feeding it to the cows. No harm done, because there were no seeds that could have been fertilized there to begin with, and it will evaportate or decay into the earth to be transferred into another form to nourish something else. The fertilizer on the tarp never evaporates or decays. It's just stinky poop that's no help to anything.

New guitar, eh? That's great! Can you record "too hot" with it? :dopefish
I'm the cool blue keener.
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

But any murder counts as pre-murder times infinity. As you kill that person's would be offspring and the offspring's offspring to infinity or however long the world lasts. I'm sure I've made plenty of innocent decisions that have prevented would be lives.

What if I coughed on a tree and got a bird sick, that was then hunted and eaten and made that person sick. Whom had to be taken care of by someone else who could no longer perform their duties and would have otherwise cleaned his filthy floor which is covered in rotten meat which in turned killed his dog and then... yeah I'm not creative enough to take this further.

My point is that there's only so much you ever will be held accountable for. Either from man or from God. There's a point where God might say that I'm too stupid to know what I did to that tree, let alone a bird I knew nothing of.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

What you are speaking of is the intention of an act. (See a discussion here: http://www.catechism.cc/articles/QA.htm )

It is generally agreed upon by most ethicist that not intending to do wrong reduces the culpability of a person for doing a wrong.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

I miss you guys, and keening in general.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

BlueGasMask wrote:I miss you guys, and keening in general.
Simple answer to that... stick with us and do some more keening! I, for one, spent some years of late adolescence distracted from these parts, but was more than happy to pick up where I left off (minus the sheer quantity of spare time I once had). You should start some kind of Keen-related project!
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Overberg was born of peasant parents in the village of Höckel, near Osnabrück, and became a pedlar like his father. At fifteen a priest prepared him for college, and he studied with the Franciscans in Rheine. From 1774 he studied in Münster, and was ordained priest in 1779

It was the best of toast, it was the worst of toast.
Senator I knew toast, toast was a friend of mine, you are no toast.
And then we looked and saw him, the cat in the toast.

It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents–except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the streets (for it is in London that our scene lies), rattling along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps that struggled against the toast.
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

MoffD, wiivn, those are among the finest GIFs I've ever seen. Except the bees. But besides that, (Y).
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass