OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

wiivn wrote:Is anyone excited about this Black Friday? And also in general. Does anyone ever managed to buy something for real low price? I never found these deals to be that cheap as they said they would be. It's always like that: they show in the news how some guy is buying a 60 inch TV for like $200 and it's nothing like that when you went to the shops. And always the sales are nothing more than the usual gimmicks. And if something is really on sale, it's some crap that's outdated and probably defective... Otherwise they wouldn't be able to get rid of it. That, of course, may not be the case in usa. As usual, the most big deals looks like are in usa...

But how come there's not a white Friday huh? Answer me that!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Black refers to finances. The day a lot of stores go back into the black, instead of being in the red, or taking losses.

My wife works at a Topsys popcorn, which is contractually obligated to stay open during weekdays even though it's at loss (due to their location, similar to a mall), but they make that money back on the weekends.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Your shopping festival is all well and good, but whenever anyone says Black Friday this is the first thing that I think of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_%281939%29

I think the closest thing Australia has to your Black Friday is an online sale called Click Frenzy, which is probably also an American thing. It's not all thaaaaaaat popular from what I can tell.

guynietoren, I'd actually never thought about the opening hours contracts shopping centres might have. The weekends really must be busy! Or weekday overheads really must be low to make losses as small as possible, one of the two.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Yeah she worked at a dead mall once. It was just odd to me to pay someone to work all day and not make enough profit to support them there.
She later mentioned that the store was only still at the mall because of the huge storage space that comes with it. But she's at a more profitable location now down at the Kansas City Plaza.

I wonder if Click Frenzy is similar to Cyber Monday. Which is the Monday after Thanksgiving where there's a lot of online sales.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

I think Grimson should tell me all about his twisted insurrection adventures
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

You're in the wrong forum, silly.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

But on TV they said that nothing is off topic on this thread!

I am also curious as to why Aro left so suddendly!!!!
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I miss the days when Patrick Stewart wasn't a meme, and Nikola Tesla wasn't a T-shirt.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Black Friday on GOG:

http://www.gog.com/promo/black_friday_w ... omo_291113

Lots of cheap games.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

CKeen wrote:But on TV they said that nothing is off topic on this thread!

I am also curious as to why Aro left so suddendly!!!!
But he didn't. Well, he did, but he came back. He also visited where I live with a couple of friends, check Moddb or our site (ti.ppmsite.com) to see our group-o-photo!
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

LOL I NO IRITEE
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Pokota
Vortininja

Post by Pokota »

Meanwhile, at the plot...
There was something here, but my yorp ate it.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

The characters that did something in the previous series (but not in this one) were eating sugar stoopies.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
mortimermcmirestinks
Owner of Club Vort

Post by mortimermcmirestinks »

wiivn wrote:Is anyone excited about this Black Friday? And also in general. Does anyone ever managed to buy something for real low price? I never found these deals to be that cheap as they said they would be. It's always like that: they show in the news how some guy is buying a 60 inch TV for like $200 and it's nothing like that when you went to the shops. And always the sales are nothing more than the usual gimmicks. And if something is really on sale, it's some crap that's outdated and probably defective... Otherwise they wouldn't be able to get rid of it. That, of course, may not be the case in usa. As usual, the most big deals looks like are in usa...
BLACK FRIDAY IS EVIL

EEEEEEEEEEEEVIL
...says the most charming guy in the room.

I'm back... kind of? Not really.

You can also find me here.