OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Could you make an alternate login with different language settings? Or do you require XP in particular?

Also, I was under the impression file extensions were the same globally. Is that correct, Kate?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Hey goys, don't ever forget that
CHRISTIANITY is EVIL,
and if you don't like Islam, you're an evil nazi biggot!!!

#endislamaphobia
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Aaah Para, could we list all the Christian-Christian battles in Europe over the last millennium? 'cause Christianity is a religion of peace. (It's not a lot of course, the 100 years' war, war of the roses, both world wars and a few hundred others.)

Keening_Product wrote:Could you make an alternate login with different language settings? Or do you require XP in particular?

Also, I was under the impression file extensions were the same globally. Is that correct, Kate?
Yes, but non-english versions of things like windows will include things like Cyrillic letters so that, for example, a mod folder on my drive has a file called 'Új Bitkép.bmp' This causes big BIG problems with any program that must handle more than one language. I've done some work on the problem and it horrifies.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

So we're blaming WWII on Christianity now? Lolololol.

"Good, good... Look what those evil white christians did to the poor, innocent juden..."
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Paramultart wrote:So we're blaming WWII on Christianity now? Lolololol.

"Good, good... Look what those evil white christians did to the poor, innocent juden..."
wtf? Where did you get that from Lass's post?
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Lass wrote:Aaah Para, could we list all the Christian-Christian battles in Europe over the last millennium? 'cause Christianity is a religion of peace. (It's not a lot of course, the 100 years' war, war of the roses, both world wars and a few hundred others.)
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

While I'm not sure that either World War could really be said to be directly involved, I think it'd be pretty hard to argue that the Catholic Church's demonization of the Jews didn't directly open the door for the Holocaust. Hitler didn't invent anti-Semitism from whole clothe, he exploited the fact that was etched into Germanic culture for the past 1,000 years by the Catholic Church.

But LL is right, you've completely ignored the vast number of wars and the death count by the hands in the name of Christianity. And that's not even addressing the issue the battles that caused Europe and it's progenitor nations to be Christian in the first place. Islam was spread by the sword across South Asia and Eastern Europe (and Spain), but Christianity was spread by the sword across all of Europe, parts of Asia, and parts of Africa just the same, and it was used to prop up dictators and tyrants just like Islam has.

It's certainly ridiculous to say that Islam is just a peaceful religion (All religions can and have been used to commit violence, even Buddhism), and many verses of the Qur'an are pretty straigthforward condolences of violence. But it's farcical if you think that makes Muslims inherently violent people, if you think that precludes pacifistic interpretations, or if you think that Christianity is any different (I would actually argue that the Old Testament is actually far worse than the Qur'an). Right now, Christian nations are more stable, but a lot of their stability is contingent upon exploiting the systems that they have set in place, many of which (e.g. all US/European involvement in the middle east for the past 150 years) have done nothing but extensively harm countries (including pretty much all counties with high Muslim populations, modulo Turkey) and have massively destabilized those regions of the world. I mean, for god's sakes, al Qaeda was put into power because the US and its European allies propped them up and handed them weapons to fight the USSR. The fact that the middle-east is a violent disaster isn't something that's hard to diagnose or understand. Some of the more violent aspects of Islam aren't helping, but it's not like all of Islam is to blame for things like ISIS and terrorism or an excuse to believe that all Muslims are inherently violent people. The thing that should share the largest brunt is Western imperialism.
(Used to be LordofGlobox)
Kate
Vortininja

Post by Kate »

Paramultart wrote:You write so well in English. Had it not been for your fan-art, and it saying "Russia" under your name, I never would have guessed! Lol.
thank you :o But I have to use translator.
I can read on English, speak on English (with a strong accent :p ) but not write. For me it a pain.
Keening_Product wrote:Could you make an alternate login with different language settings? Or do you require XP in particular?
I want this for several reasons.
This computer is about 7 years old (maybe more), the operating system on it has been reinstalled several times, but the disk is not formatted (imagine how many trash on it) and for the new games is not suitable.
For modding I need only change name of the administrator folder.
I tried to create a new user and for some reason my computer has stopped recognize mouse. When I reset it, he refused to work with it.
Said: pull this crap out of me, or I'm not working! :crazy
Something tells me that there will be more problem if I'll leave it in this condition. And I want to play some old games.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

As a whole it certainly didn't do anything to even protest. Blaming something solely 'on' something else is nearly impossible, you can always point to one small thing and excuse the bigger picture. But doing that is the same as excusing every honor killing as just some madman. You have to ask 'What role did the culture play?' And in both world wars churches of all denominations cheered on both sides. Army chaplains blessed axis and ally, nazi and not. Conscientious objectors were pretty much criminals.

My takeway is that people suck, religion is just the color they paint their flags.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

I'm calling shenanigans on this video. I can't believe anyone is that stupid. They might call the English language also as "American" (as a sloppy way of referring to the language most spoken in the US), but I cannot believe that they think it's distinct from English.
GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon
Vortininja

Post by GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon »

Formerly Boreas249.
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1tC2KmlEhk
I'm quite certain that it's illegal for them to shoot bullets in a suburban area like that, especially unloading their clips like a bunch of fucl morons. I'd frankly be surprised if they didn't get fired (They ought to have been fired, that seriously could have killed children very easily, that's why it's illegal in most urban environments to shoot a gun).
GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon
Vortininja

Post by GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon »

Pretty sure he DID get fired, that was just plain stupid...
Formerly Boreas249.
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon wrote:Pretty sure he DID get fired, that was just plain stupid...
Oh thank god, the video was made up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp2CEJb ... 2445903697