OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Right, good point. May I redirect the What the Heck, PCKF? train of thought over to here? You know, the stuff about Ceilick abusing his power? Tulip went and locked it before anybody could reply, I'm sure the off-topic thread is safe.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon
Vortininja

Post by GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon »

Bacon is the best thing ever of all time in existence.

Either you love bacon, or you're wrong.

Also, I broke yet another PSP. Getting tired of replacing those things, you know.... (Not having one just feels... empty. And wrong. To me anyway.)
Formerly Boreas249.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Yes to the bacon.

There's something magical about portable devices; the convenience of having something to fiddle with that fits in your pocket is hypnotizing.
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

The PSP is still a thing?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

wiivn wrote:Image
How do you explain Stephenie Meyer, who has 0% of all of those things?
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:How do you explain Stephenie Meyer, who has 0% of all of those things?
A teenage audience and marketing?
(Used to be LordofGlobox)
GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon
Vortininja

Post by GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon »

Keening_Product wrote:The PSP is still a thing?
For me it is.

Right now it's the only way I can play any DOS games -- including Keen. D:
My next one is coming in blue, my favorite color, it is also my 5th one, so if anything happens to it, I'm going to be very, very, veryveryveryveryveryvery upset.
Formerly Boreas249.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

That's pretty cool, Boreas. I should figure out a way to do handheld Keen. I'd probably triple my progress. So many mods to still beat..
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon wrote:
Keening_Product wrote:The PSP is still a thing?
For me it is.

Right now it's the only way I can play any DOS games -- including Keen. D:
My next one is coming in blue, my favorite color, it is also my 5th one, so if anything happens to it, I'm going to be very, very, veryveryveryveryveryvery upset.
Wow, yeah. I tried trading in my old PSP games a few weeks back, you want 'em? I loved my PSP way back when, it was my essentially my iPhone but without the ability to call anyone.

@troublesomekeen *Zoidberg voice* What about 3DS maybe?
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

I wasn't so much judging your platform choice (it's a fine platform), I was just surprised they were still being manufactured. Have they come down in price much? I remember them costing like A$800 when they came out, but Australians always pay more for tech.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
namida
Vortininja

Post by namida »

Keening_Product wrote:I wasn't so much judging your platform choice (it's a fine platform), I was just surprised they were still being manufactured. Have they come down in price much? I remember them costing like A$800 when they came out, but Australians always pay more for tech.
I don't think they're still being made (IIRC, they can't even directly access the PSN Store anymore); but of course they still exist and are used.

I kinda want to grab a modded PSP myself. There again, I already have a (not modded, mind you) Vita and don't use it much; and have a smartphone that I could use for pretty much any gaming I'd do on a PSP (but again, don't use for anything beyond general smartphone features - internet etc).
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Lava89 wrote: In all seriousness, I think it's easy to assume that as a community, PCKF is official place for anyone and anything to talk about Keen. But it's really not, as Keening Product pointed out, its owned by someone (Flaose, I believe? I recall that KeenRush started the previous one on ezBoards).
I loled for a moment.

KeenRush is actually relatively new in the scheme of things (huge emphasis on relatively, since all this was more than a decade ago). He was a very enthusiastic normal poster for a long time before he became mod (and I believe admin later on). IIRC, the actual founders were cho'gall, eK, Flaose, who took over from Geoff when he retired.

Memories are weird. Especially since, for all I know, I might be the one whose memories are faulty, effectively putting me in some alternate reality where KeenRush really was the founder.

(Unless you were talking about an intermediate transitional board between that ezboard and our current incarnation. I don't remember that time period very well so it's very possible.)

---

I wrote these musings here, then realized it was off-topic.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I thought the founder was Adurdin? :confused
I don't know what TMST is in the scheme of things... maybe just a mass content-producer that suddenly vanished off the face of the universe.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Could be. cho'gall, eK, Flaose most definitely took over cc314 from Geoff, and I'm almost certain they were forum admins, but I'm not positive on the actual question of founding.

It's too bad that a lot of TMST content was flash-based. Many old wonderful flash videos (not only Keen-related) may end up unwatchable within a few years, as the format goes the way of the dinosaur. Flash may be the most common example, in the modern day, of how we can lose access to proprietary formats, effectively deleting a lot of our data.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image