OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by MoffD »

keenmaster486 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 18:47 Guys I've translated it!! TK is right! MoffD is being held captive by the Romulans but he managed to hack into their computers for a brief time and send us that message over a theta-band subspace signal. He's included instructions on how to replicate the Romulan warp drive and cloaking technology he was able to steal from their data banks. All we have to do is build a shuttle craft with warp drive and photon torpedoes and rescue him from the clutches of the empire.
Haha! I hadn't realized all that was in the first few bytes of KEEN4E.EXE, WHAT SECRETS DO YOU KNOW TOM!??!?!?

Been pretty busy with classes as of late, but I figured I'd at least try something for April 1st. :D
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Phew, just finished writing a sudoku solving AI.

...that's what I'd like to call it. In reality, it's a primitive algorithm that can't deal with non-linear scenarios where you have to choose and see where that takes you. The code also looks horrible, but that's because I'm anal about C++ conventions and have to let off the pressure every time I write Python. :p Available here: https://github.com/torchie8/sudsol

I wanted to make it do some ANSI term magic where it would solve the puzzle in real time right in front of you, but it's too fast! I expected it to take, like, 10 seconds to solve an easy one, but it's actually nowhere near close to that even on my Celeron craptop. Might tackle that later, with some options to allow setting up intentional delays, or even highlighting the logic. Totally not gonna abandon this project and move on to something else before I get to that point, nuh-uh. :disguised

As an aside, yay driving school. Getting behind the wheel for the first time on Monday, I'm excited. :D
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

You know, I have a sudoku solver implementation in Prolog that will actually show you all possible solutions pretty much instantly. You can do fun stuff with it, like printing all possible sudokus that have the sequence 3 1 4 in the top-left corner. 8)

I haven't actually checked your source code, so I won't comment on that.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Nospike my dude. How old are you just starting driving? And where is this? Sorry just curious haha.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Hey now, age doesn't necessarily matter. I'm 29 and haven't learnt yet. Going to try though; just need to save the money. :P
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

keenmaster486 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 21:29 Nospike my dude. How old are you just starting driving? And where is this? Sorry just curious haha.
I'm 18 and this is in the Czech Republic. 18 is the age limit for driving here, but you can start theory at 17 and drive with an instructor in the car, then take the exam once you hit 18. That's exactly what 90% of people do here, but I felt a bit afraid and didn't see the point of getting a license if I can't afford a car and can get everywhere I need by bus, so I only went for it after about a half a year.

A little guilty to admit this, but it was mostly my brother and his Chrysler Crossfire that convinced me to do it. :o I've always loved sports cars, and boy that thing must be fun to drive. As naive as it might seem, I'd like to get a cheap, small coupe for my first car and stick with 'em forever. Even though it's impractical. I can't stand the usual mobile shopping bags and wagons that look like hearses that people in this country usually drool over.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Have fun and stay safe Nospike.

This may be an odd question, but are sata floppy drives a thing? I know there's USB floppies and also pata<->sata adapters, but I'm not sure if a regular pata<->sata adapter would work.
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

I...don't think that'll work, but don't take my word for it, others may know better than I.

Though an actual SATA floppy drive may actually be a thing - they make SATA to USB adapters for hard drives after all...

Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

You may be able to find an Sata to IDE adapter, although an USB Floppy drive might be easier.
unless you want the Floppy drive to be internal in your case of course.
You just have to keep the Pins in mind as a Floppy have 17x2
and a IDE Cables have 20x2(-1 for a Dummy near center, so a floppy cable won't fit)
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.
lemm
Blorb

Australians

Post by lemm »

hi everyone i always hear about people wanting to live in australia why is that? i know its an awesome place and soem awesome peopel live there liek spleen and draik maybe but it is also dangerous. everyone has a boomerang even babies who all end up being eaten by dingos. boomeragn violence is bad and people die every year from maniacs with boomerangs. i dont have a source but i know the number is at least 100 percent of people die. in australia you can get boomerangs anywhere even in hospitals and banks. why sell boomerangs at a bank if people just rob them everyone in australia robs a bank. i want to go to australia but i dont want to die from boomerang murder because that happens to everyone who goes to australia. why wont you aussies learn and stop handing out boomerangs to babies and dingoes? sorry for the language but australia is a hellhole because of boomerangs and dingos.

y there is no auskeen emote?
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Lemm, I think you need to lay off the vegemite. :P

keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

^Post good thing for havbe ;;howoever thinkk for well, it best fowwyr rbe ebter gramar &&& spelelign thx
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Since CKFS has been read-only since 2014, I've unstickied the topic. If/when it goes back up, I'd be happy to stick it again.
candyjack
Vortininja

Post by candyjack »

I'm quite happy about the French election. I strongly prefer macaroni over le pain.
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

candyjack wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 17:11 I'm quite happy about the French election. I strongly prefer macaroni over le pain.
Is that so? I was told Mr. Macaroni was the devil and that if he was elected, France would be overrun and cease being French. :british
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!