OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by proYorp »

I like the idea. I'd want to join in, but I'm completely swamped for the easily foreseeable future. My free time grows less every day. :dead

Hmm, that's not particularly encouraging for the question of how many people would participate, is it?
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Yeah, I'd give it a go.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

SO HEY GUYS

Tomorrow morning, I leave for a week in the not-so-wilds of Colorado. Won't be around till the 8th. Try not to need me. :P
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

nanomekia wrote: Tomorrow morning, I leave for a week in the not-so-wilds of Colorado. Won't be around till the 8th. Try not to need me.
In the words of Oscar from the Oddcouple, you'll be the first one I'll call. ;)
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Lava89 wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 21:39
nanomekia wrote: Tomorrow morning, I leave for a week in the not-so-wilds of Colorado. Won't be around till the 8th. Try not to need me.
In the words of Oscar from the Oddcouple, you'll be the first one I'll call. ;)
Of course. ;)

Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

nanomekia wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 19:59 SO HEY GUYS

Tomorrow morning, I leave for a week in the not-so-wilds of Colorado. Won't be around till the 8th. Try not to need me. :P
Ok nano enjoy your time away, I too will be away in September, but since I rarely come here nobody will miss me anyways, I will be spending a week in the South Australian Town of Mount Gambier, this will be from the 16th to the 23rd, It is only a 4 hour drive across the state border from Victoria,the insurance and airbnb all paid for so I cannot wait!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

I RETURN

I see I didn't miss much. :P

Rorie

Post by Rorie »

And so I recover enough to have that flu shot administered today was due to have it Tuesday but I got an appointment early and so therefore the latter appointment was no longer necessary and so was cancelled, the doc was true to his word and stated that he didn't make me pay the cost because he knew I was doing it hard (even though I would have paid the A$25-30 or whatever I was going to pay) and no I don't have private medical insurance as in Australia those who are below a certain income have their insurance provided to them from the Commonwealth, private is optional but not mandatory Funny Though I was doing a search for the quadrivalent strain shot which is the one I received today, back on track, I was doing a search for prices in the US without coverage and I found this page

http://www.missbutterbean.com/2016-flu- ... g-savings/

The most expensive price I found was CVS at a whopper for US$56.99 which equates in Aussie Dollars for A$75.47

All the others mentioned were much cheaper than the A$75 shot

These prices are highway robbery but then that the US for you, no government intervention since congress nor the president can control the skyrocketing prices anyway because big pharma decides the care and what treatment you receive which I think is wrong, why should your bank account or credit card limit influence your health care?, Thank God Australia isn't America!, the health care here would be a train wreck if our national insurance was scrapped all because the Liberals are opposed and will attempt anything to abolish it, anyways the Liberals have been trying for years to get rid of something that has helped a lot of working class people access the care that they need, so question is why do they even try and bother to abolish Medicare?, they never succeed!
Up yours Fleexy!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

I did it, I got my driving licence. :birthday So that's it for the easy part. Now I somehow need to get a car... :o
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Grats Nospike! *waves pompoms*

chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Nospike wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:41 I did it, I got my driving licence. :birthday So that's it for the easy part. Now I somehow need to get a car... :o
Well done. L's or P's?
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Nospike wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:41 I did it, I got my driving licence. :birthday So that's it for the easy part. Now I somehow need to get a car... :o
Yeah mate congratulations on your driving license, it means a lot to be fully independent by means of getting around and not having to take public transport that's not always available, but you pay for the privilege at the gas pump, in other word public transport cheaper with limitations, private not cheap with no limitations!

I can get about on the transport system in geelong for only A$1.20 charged in 2 hour increments
Up yours Fleexy!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Rorie wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:49I can get about on the transport system in geelong for only A$1.20 charged in 2 hour increments
Seems weird to explain myki stuff on a global forum, but that's not quite right. Travel in a single zone within two hours at the concession rate is 1.20 dollarydoos. If you use public transport over a longer period of the day you are charged the all day concession fare of $2.40. It doesn't go up to $3.60 after six hours travel or anything - the all day fare is the all day fare.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

chrissifniotis wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:40 Well done. L's or P's?
Thanks, not quite sure what you mean there. :o
Rorie wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:49 Yeah mate congratulations on your driving license, it means a lot to be fully independent by means of getting around and not having to take public transport that's not always available, but you pay for the privilege at the gas pump, in other word public transport cheaper with limitations, private not cheap with no limitations!

I can get about on the transport system in geelong for only A$1.20 charged in 2 hour increments
Thanks Rorie, it's not so much having to replace public transport (I barely ever leave town and unlimited PT literally costs me about 15 euro a year since I'm a student), I just find driving extremely fun and satisfying to the point where I regularly daydream about nighttime road trips with just me, the engine and the radio.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

I LOVE EVERYTHING

Been playing a gacha game lately. Character I desperately wanted was a 5* base. The new boost banner had this character on it.

I pulled him. :D