OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
User avatar
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 22:27
Location: Australia

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by Rorie » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:21

Levellass I have been to a number of business across the state i live in and it is not just limited to my hometown that they hire staff who do not demonstrate competency in Engiish most of the employees being Asian who pretend or don't understand the language whom which they would have learnt themselves in school, English is the world's second language, I certainly know it is taught in Japan I don't know about China but I definitely do know it is taught in most European Schools, so these workers who come to Australia the jig is up because they have no where to hide when it comes to the English Language, but as you pointed out we can exploit these people who have little English Skills not because of where they come from but to also pay them far less than the minimum wage currently A$18.29 p/h and because they're not Australians they don't know their workers right because whenever a foreigner is working here they're are still entitled to the minimum wage by law regardless of Citizenship, you only have to read about the 7/11 scandal to understand what i'm talking about
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!

User avatar
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 22:27
Location: Australia

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by Rorie » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:38

I went to my bank this morning, and all was good the card that was sent to me activated with no issues and the old has been cancelled
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!

User avatar
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 22:27
Location: Australia

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by Rorie » Sat Oct 28, 2017 23:42

Before anybody jumps in despite it being 2 days away, I'm just going to retaliate that Halloween has no place in Australia and that is merely an American Fad, In my views it is wrong to be knocking on strangers doors for sweets and it is also depressing that people are celebrating Death when in fact they should be grateful they're alive, why would you want to celebrate Death?, unless it is condemned prisoner who just received the Death Penalty and died that is a different story, but in other cases, Death should not be celebrated, in fact those good people who pass away too soon, should be mourned, I lost 2 friends to Suicide over the past 2 years and those deaths hurt me deeply, did I celebrate their deaths? No I mourned them and remembered them for what they left behind it is called a legacy, It is not because Halloween is American which is why i'm against it, I love America even though I disagree at times, I'm against Halloween because I'm a half christian and rarely go to church but being a non church goer doesn't mean i'm going to hell, as long as I believe in god is what matters, loved ones are waiting for me and I don't want to let them down
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!

User avatar
ScarletFlame
Vortininja
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:48
Location: Miragia

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by ScarletFlame » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:26

Halloween doesn't celebrate death though lol
At least, not in the "haha thank god those people are dead" kind of way. It's a holiday of SPOOKS.
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE

User avatar
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 22:27
Location: Australia

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by Rorie » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:27

ScarletFlame wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:26
Halloween doesn't celebrate death though lol
At least, not in the "haha thank god those people are dead" kind of way. It's a holiday of SPOOKS.
The Salvation Army believes that Halloween is celebrating death, besides it has no place in Australia, Fads like these that originate from the States should be isolated to where they come from and not invade other cultures such as being Australian, I respect America I except America to respect Australia and would appreciate it that they stop referring us to their 52nd state!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!

User avatar
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 18:29
Location: Tranquility Base
Contact:

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by keenmaster486 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 19:55

We refer to Australia as the 52nd state?

Then what is the 51st state?
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Very silly indeed: https://audaxeundum.wordpress.com/

User avatar
ScarletFlame
Vortininja
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:48
Location: Miragia

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by ScarletFlame » Sun Oct 29, 2017 20:45

Canada, obviously. :rolleyes
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE

User avatar
Levellass
S-Triazine
Posts: 5261
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:40

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by Levellass » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:12

It WAS Peurto Rico, but that place has gone downhill lately and everyone is ignoring it.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.

User avatar
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 22:27
Location: Australia

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by Rorie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:31

keenmaster486 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 19:55
We refer to Australia as the 52nd state?

Then what is the 51st state?
Sorry mate I got my figures out of whack, Yes You're correct I refer Australia as the 51st U.S State despite the fact you have no interest in annexing us into the union!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!

User avatar
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 22:27
Location: Australia

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by Rorie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:34

Levellass wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:12
It WAS Peurto Rico, but that place has gone downhill lately and everyone is ignoring it.
An perfect example of how the American Way of life has failed Puerto Rico, Natural Disasters, High Debt, etc. it all adds up
Perhaps it would have been better off if the territory was never ceded to the U.S in the first place and remained part of Spain

edit: my latest rant has finally got me to the magic 1000 posts
Last edited by Rorie on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:14, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!

User avatar
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 22:27
Location: Australia

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by Rorie » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:13

For those who about to celebrate Halloween, No Tricks or Treats from me!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!

User avatar
MoffD
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 1198
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 17:30
Location: /dev/null
Contact:

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by MoffD » Tue Oct 31, 2017 22:21

Nisaba wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 19:41
Alessandro wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 17:26
I delete my image now :birthday
you can always choose another one instead! :dopefish
I only suggested not to use this one in particular to prevent from possible confusions.
Oh noes! Now I have to build an android duplicate instead! :mort2
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Image

User avatar
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 1192
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:01
Location: Three-Tooth Lake
Contact:

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by troublesomekeen » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:11

Happy Halloween! :pumpkeen

Image
Image
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!

User avatar
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 22:27
Location: Australia

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by Rorie » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:19

troublesomekeen wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:11
Happy Halloween! :pumpkeen

Image
It is done for 2017, 12 months later and they'll be spewing this rubbish again, it is like the cancer of Americanism sweeping the world!
Last edited by Rorie on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:23, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!

User avatar
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 1192
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:01
Location: Three-Tooth Lake
Contact:

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by troublesomekeen » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:35

Ah, not to worry! I've got everything under lock and key! Not even one trick-or-treater showed up tonight. Good news!
Don't just stand there -- bar all the doors and windows! Don't let that Americanism in!
Image
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!

Post Reply