OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by Rorie »

They're all beautiful too mate, no offense but I think Freya is the cutest out off all four!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

She would be entirely too pleased to hear that. :P

She's the oldest of my four (we think) at roughly eleven - Branwen's round the same age, ten or eleven, Rika's about eight or so (ye gads, it's hard to believe it's been so long!) and Altair's just over a year.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

https://cache.nebula.phx3.secureserver. ... U1OTIzNzI=

Misty was homeless it is amazing that she's blended in, we've had her since she was a kitten, former next door neighbor couldn't care if she's was dead or alive, cared more about drink n drugs more than responsibility of looking after a pet, Misty loves to play more, she is very spikey and she doesn't really sit on laps or lay on beds, Misty has her own mind just like all of us do
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Such a sweet face! Reminds me very much of some cats my family used to have. And you're right, they all certainly do have minds of their own!

Rorie

Post by Rorie »

nanomekia wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 22:18 Such a sweet face! Reminds me very much of some cats my family used to have. And you're right, they all certainly do have minds of their own!
Midnight was very loyal to me, he was definitely a boys cat and his sister was a girl's cat, even though after Middy died his sister slowly started coming to me but then as I already stated before, they all have minds of their own
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Bloody liberals, they stuff up everything regrading centrelink by moving most of it online and except recipients to follow suit, why? to simply shave a few billion dollars from the budget, why am I ranting? I had to pay back money that was overpaid to me when in fact I fell for the trap unaware that the offices don't use the data online, why are we bloody paying for it if the data provided online doesn't get used?, if I am made to report online again, I am gonna tell the staff at the office "Go To Hell!, they're gonna say that I won't get penalized for doing the right thing, Already Happened!
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Ach, you're having stuff-ups too are you? I know that feel right now...

Long story short, I'm on what's basically the US equivalent of Centrelink (and is just about as inept, from what I've heard) so I qualify for the government healthcare. Three-odd years ago the governor, who is a right daft moron, decided to privatize healthcare in the interests of saving money (spoiler: it didn't work) and the one actually rather lovely plan everyone was on was split amongst three providers, let's call them Argh, Blah and Curses. I was assigned to Blah which luckily covered the clinic I go to; Curses pulled out of the market very soon after this was all implemented and Argh eventually pulled out as well, leaving only Blah.

Blah had this nasty little habit of not paying the medical providers it was contracted with. Blah is now bankrupt and is being replaced by Curses, who has returned, and Dagnabbit, a new provider. Everyone who was on Blah is being assigned to Dagnabbit, but the clinic I go to is only contracted with Curses. Okay, this is easy enough, I've got multiple letters from Blah saying I've got till March 1st to switch providers if I should be so inclined.

BUT. (There is always a but.)

A lady from the clinic called yesterday which is how we know the clinic has signed with Curses. She then informed me of something rather disconcerting.

Anyone who wants to switch providers, thanks to the idiots in charge of this state, does not have till March. They have until next Thursday.

I'm rather irate, really. And do you know how hard it is trying to actually get through to someone to make this switch? Almost blinkin IMPOSSIBLE. Argle bargle.

Rorie

Post by Rorie »

nanomekia wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 0:33 Ach, you're having stuff-ups too are you? I know that feel right now...

Long story short, I'm on what's basically the US equivalent of Centrelink (and is just about as inept, from what I've heard) so I qualify for the government healthcare. Three-odd years ago the governor, who is a right daft moron, decided to privatize healthcare in the interests of saving money (spoiler: it didn't work) and the one actually rather lovely plan everyone was on was split amongst three providers, let's call them Argh, Blah and Curses. I was assigned to Blah which luckily covered the clinic I go to; Curses pulled out of the market very soon after this was all implemented and Argh eventually pulled out as well, leaving only Blah.

Blah had this nasty little habit of not paying the medical providers it was contracted with. Blah is now bankrupt and is being replaced by Curses, who has returned, and Dagnabbit, a new provider. Everyone who was on Blah is being assigned to Dagnabbit, but the clinic I go to is only contracted with Curses. Okay, this is easy enough, I've got multiple letters from Blah saying I've got till March 1st to switch providers if I should be so inclined.

BUT. (There is always a but.)

A lady from the clinic called yesterday which is how we know the clinic has signed with Curses. She then informed me of something rather disconcerting.

Anyone who wants to switch providers, thanks to the idiots in charge of this state, does not have till March. They have until next Thursday.

I'm rather irate, really. And do you know how hard it is trying to actually get through to someone to make this switch? Almost blinkin IMPOSSIBLE. Argle bargle.
Actually it is my mother who is annoyed by red tape, she has been forced to sign up to something called mygov, she flatly refused only to be told she had no choice, and now everybody who is on part centrelink and part empolyment for whatever amount of money, you can no longer walk into the branch and report as it has been moved online, what am i Supposed to do when I receive work bonus they're normally around A$1350 depending on the profitability of my work place at eofy?, last time I reported online I was still penalized for doing the right thing and had to pay back A$67.90, that is nothing to me but imagine the humiliation of being called a liar for doing things truthful?, honestly means nothing anymore, Centrelink can go fucl themselves if they except me to do everything online!, the benefit of doing business in person is that you can get a record of everything whereas over the net. no records are kept, especially if the resource is not used by the office, it is simply flushing dollars down the toilet whereas this wasted money could have been better spent elsewhere!
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

In 1918, on the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month, the guns of the First World War finally fell silent. Today remember all Australians who have lost their lives, then and since, in defence of our country. Lest we forget.

Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

test post, guys can you see my avatar?
Up yours Fleexy!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Rorie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:21 test post, guys can you see my avatar?
Nationalism coming through loud and clear, Rorie.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Keening_Product wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:20
Rorie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:21 test post, guys can you see my avatar?
Nationalism coming through loud and clear, Rorie.
Aye, it could only be more Aussie if it were topped with a roo covered in vegemite.

keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

I like it. Perhaps I shall change mine to something Murican.

Nah.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Commander Keen.
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Ah, now we have a snide, condescending reason to give for the relatively small size of our community.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.