OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by Rorie »

troublesomekeen wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:35 Ah, not to worry! I've got everything under lock and key! Not even one trick-or-treater showed up tonight. Good news!
Don't just stand there -- bar all the doors and windows! Don't let that Americanism in!
Oi Mate, blimey they left us alone, because we put signage up stating "No Tricks or Treats Here!!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

My mother apparently chased children down the street since she forgot to put out a decoration (The signal that your house is haloween friendly.)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Levellass wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 20:05 My mother apparently chased children down the street since she forgot to put out a decoration (The signal that your house is haloween friendly.)
I just imagined someone running down the street yelling "COME BACK HERE KIDS! COME AND TAKE THIS FRIKIN CANDY!"

My family's never had people coming by for candy though, too remote I guess.
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

An amazing TC, done with so much love and talent.
I wonder if some day Keen will be remade into 3D so faithfully to the original yet perfectly fitting 3D.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/castlevania-simons-destiny

Here is shows how you should transform 2D platformer into 3D - including the platformer jumping part.
Easy controls, you can play just with one mouse, I set left for attack, wheel for jumping and right for magic attack.

Lately there is a fashion for 3D remakes of 2D platformers
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/6 ... nt-1265795
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Let's avoid the trial and execute this man already!, especially if he says he feels good about murdering 8 people, I just wish if the US asks for the federal death penalty that Sayfullo Saipov's death is slow and excruciating, terrorists like him shouldn't be kept alive due to safety of prison staff and the general prison population.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-02/d ... er/9113880

E4E (Eye for a Eye) Should have been the same with Anders Behring Breivik now Fjotolf Hansen
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

*puts head in hands*

So the past 24 hours have basically been this:

- Discover late at night that special needs cat with rare skin condition has giant gaping open wound on leg
- Proceed to worry all garging night because GOSH DURN IT CAT
- Rush cat in to vet bright and early to have wound stapled shut
- Cat obviously feels much better after pain meds
- Checking on cat throughout day, all systems go
- Proceed to discover about fifteen minutes ago that cat has managed to pop one of the staples half out
- Wound is small enough that it only needed three staples, one at the middle and one at each end
- The staple popped out is at an end, which is actually the worse option
- Now the end is gaping open again
- CAT WHY DO YOU DO THIS

Hopefully I can just keep an eye on this, because I cannot bloody afford to take her BACK in and have stitches put in, not to mention I suspect she'd likely rip those out too.

Cat. Why.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

nanomekia wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 23:20 *puts head in hands*

So the past 24 hours have basically been this:

- Discover late at night that special needs cat with rare skin condition has giant gaping open wound on leg
- Proceed to worry all garging night because GOSH DURN IT CAT
- Rush cat in to vet bright and early to have wound stapled shut
- Cat obviously feels much better after pain meds
- Checking on cat throughout day, all systems go
- Proceed to discover about fifteen minutes ago that cat has managed to pop one of the staples half out
- Wound is small enough that it only needed three staples, one at the middle and one at each end
- The staple popped out is at an end, which is actually the worse option
- Now the end is gaping open again
- CAT WHY DO YOU DO THIS

Hopefully I can just keep an eye on this, because I cannot bloody afford to take her BACK in and have stitches put in, not to mention I suspect she'd likely rip those out too.

Cat. Why.
Several years ago I spent A$600 in an attempt to save my cat's life, in the end Midnight (cat's name) lost that fight and surprisingly still I don't regret spending that money, as I loved him so much, I didn't want to loose him, no I didn't then and don't have pet insurance now, about 2 years, Midnight's sister Anastasia also went to join her brother in cat heaven, I miss the both of them everyday but what I do have memories and good times that I will cherish up until the end of my life
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Aye, this fluffbutt is well worth the money spent on her (and it's been a lot spent since I got her), I'm just in a bit of a panic at the moment because DARN IT CAT WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS and really I cannot afford to have her stitched up if that's what it comes down to. (Pet insurance, quite annoyingly, would actually cost more than it takes to rush her in to the vet every so often as she doesn't usually hurt herself this badly.) WHAT AM GOING DO.

Okay I'll probably have the parents put it on their credit card and I'll pay them back if it comes down to that, but dear god cat.

She's lucky she's cute and I love her.

Rorie

Post by Rorie »

nanomekia wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 0:47 Aye, this fluffbutt is well worth the money spent on her (and it's been a lot spent since I got her), I'm just in a bit of a panic at the moment because DARN IT CAT WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS and really I cannot afford to have her stitched up if that's what it comes down to. (Pet insurance, quite annoyingly, would actually cost more than it takes to rush her in to the vet every so often as she doesn't usually hurt herself this badly.) WHAT AM GOING DO.

Okay I'll probably have the parents put it on their credit card and I'll pay them back if it comes down to that, but dear god cat.

She's lucky she's cute and I love her.
I refuse to have a credit card, one because of the hefty interest rates, two you have like 60 days interest free to pay of all the borrowed money and finally three, i am able to use my visa debit card as a credit card but with my own money and not have to borrow it from the bank

Most CC's in Australia have interest rates of like 20% and the sneaky part no credit limit, having no limit is a dangerous game for those on low incomes, I know somebody who had to sell his home to pay off most of his debts including interest he had racked up on his credit cards, thankfully for him he brought a new house with his partner and the two very happy together and the best part, my friend is back living in my own town, whom he was living in when I first met him, he originally left Geelong and moved to Melbourne only because his previous partner was very ill and wanted to be close to her family and supports, she brought him the house in Melbourne whom he has now sold
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Rorie wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:17 and finally three, i am able to use my visa debit card as a credit card but with my own money and not have to borrow it from the bank
Ye, that's precisely what I do, but it does no good when I've not got the money. I don't get much and by the time I've got food, necessities, etcetera, I'm lucky if I have anything left over. I am working on building up a savings account for this kind of thing though...

She looks like she'll be alright in any case, the wound's not as bad as it was yesterday and the other staples are holding fine.

Rorie

Post by Rorie »

nanomekia wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 17:18
Rorie wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:17 and finally three, i am able to use my visa debit card as a credit card but with my own money and not have to borrow it from the bank
Ye, that's precisely what I do, but it does no good when I've not got the money. I don't get much and by the time I've got food, necessities, etcetera, I'm lucky if I have anything left over. I am working on building up a savings account for this kind of thing though...

She looks like she'll be alright in any case, the wound's not as bad as it was yesterday and the other staples are holding fine.
Depending upon credit is what you must do if you haven't got the money, as I stated yesterday the trap is to miss the interest free period then the lender charges the whopping interest for missing repayments, good luck and good for you for having a go to build up a nest egg

Glad to hear your cat that she's gonna be okay, one day after Anastasia died, I recall seeing her spirit in our lounge room enjoying the sun, I know this is premature to mention this but my mother and I have also left her walking on our beds at night while we;re sleeping as she is letting us know that she's ok and happy to be with her brother again, as his sister outlived him, and mum was away for the weekend and a day later after mum returned is when Anna died and to this day, none of us know why she's held on, perhaps it was to say goodbye, none of us will ever know except for the fact Anna is no longer suffering
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Rorie wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 22:53 Glad to hear your cat that she's gonna be okay, one day after Anastasia died, I recall seeing her spirit in our lounge room enjoying the sun, I know this is premature to mention this but my mother and I have also left her walking on our beds at night while we;re sleeping as she is letting us know that she's ok and happy to be with her brother again, as his sister outlived him, and mum was away for the weekend and a day later after mum returned is when Anna died and to this day, none of us know why she's held on, perhaps it was to say goodbye, none of us will ever know except for the fact Anna is no longer suffering
Cats know, I'm sure they do. I've had a fair few pop back to make sure the silly humans were doing alright, and a fair few wait till their favorite human was right there with them to peacefully give up and pass on. (And people say cats aren't affectionate and don't care about their people. Pshaw.)

nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

sigh

And cat's back at the vet getting stitched up to the tune of almost $500.

She's damn lucky we all love her.

Rorie

Post by Rorie »

nanomekia mate, can you see the image of Midnight and Anna as kittens, brother and sister looking cute and adorable resting together with god in cat heaven?

Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »