OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

@Lemm: the highlighter.

@Paramulpoptarttartparatartparamultart: that's pretty neat! Can someone try doing this themselves? It doesn't look faked but I'm curious how easy it is to do.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

RHNB is a really cool series.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Has anybody taken the Meyers Briggs personality test? I'm an INTJ.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Has anybody taken the Meyers Briggs personality test? I'm an INTJ.
I had to take the test for a third time in one of my classes. INTJ as well.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

lassylasslass wrote:that video thing
MY GOODNESS! I was just watching through that guy's videos and came across this one... which included a familiar tune by none other than Bobby Prince!!! What the heck!?
http://youtu.be/zbUPjHHml1E
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Paramultart wrote:
VikingBoyBilly wrote:Has anybody taken the Meyers Briggs personality test? I'm an INTJ.
I had to take the test for a third time in one of my classes. INTJ as well.
But that's impossible! I'm a raphael personality type and you're a Donatello. How can this be? (see cracked.com for more details)
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Why yes, I'd love to be told what I am and what I can do by a jumped up magazine multi-choice test that can't even get HALF of its answers right! http://www.indiana.edu/~jobtalk/HRMWebs ... p/mbti.pdf

But why take all that time and effort? Casual racism is just as effective and far easier!

Paramultart wrote:
lassylasslass wrote:that video thing
MY GOODNESS! I was just watching through that guy's videos and came across this one... which included a familiar tune by none other than Bobby Prince!!! What the heck!?
http://youtu.be/zbUPjHHml1E
The guy knows his stuff.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

That guy stole doom music! :O
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Pretty sure that was Wolf3D music... (though it's quite possible you already knew that, I can't always tell :vikeen
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Bad news... :(. My PC was freezing from time to time recently, so I forced myself to make an upgrade. And that was just in time (but not enough) because now I know what was the cause - half of my HDD (Seagate 1.5TB) is gone and cannot be accessed! I've been a long time fan of Seagate HDD's. Never had any problems with so many of them. But not anymore.

And what do you know! I've lost ALL keen games, ALL keen mods and progress and saves, ALL my classic games and even almost ALL of my current gen games (with the exception of some Steam games that I can install again now, but the saves are gone) and whatnot! :(... Not to mention some programs...

What that may matter to you is that I lost my progress on my Crystal Caves level pack I've been doing recently ever since Malvenious released Camoto. Wasn't much advanced, but still lost. Also, I think what I've done for the Duke Nukem 1 HD mod is lost too. Some keen related stuff is gone too, including my Fribbulus Xax Waterfall mod (I've been working on it and on a huge tileset), some sounds, probably music, graphics and other stuff I can't even realize yet would be gone...

Oh well.......

On the good side, now I have a Samsung SSD Evo 840 250GB and Core I5 4670K, with which Windows 8.1 loads to the desktop for about 6-7 seconds. It's impressively fast and can be improved even more, since I've haven't even optimized much the SSD, neither have overclocked my processor. And now there is nothing that can force me back to the old slow HDD's and older versions of windows. Thrust me, investing in SSD is worth it and saves a lot of time.

So yeah.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Nooooooooo! :oops
This is most distressing news. I've had problems with those portable drives from Seagate in the past. I daresay I don't trust them.
Garg. :garg
You always have a bunch of cool stuff, wiivn. I'm sorry this happened. :|
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I too have a seagate kept regularly updated. I keep my Keen stuff backed up on dropbox too however. I also keep my old backup drive around with important stuff and a few things on memory sticks.

This is near air-tight.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

It's a good thing wiivn put all his mods on dropbox, ubuntu one, flash drives, external hard drives, and passed copies around to everyone so it's not lost forever :blush
I'm the cool blue keener.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Cobalt wrote:It's a good thing wiivn put all his mods on dropbox, ubuntu one, flash drives, external hard drives, and passed copies around to everyone so it's not lost forever :blush
Your attempt of trying to make fun out of my situation is pathetic.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."