OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by nanomekia »

Rorie wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 22:19
nanomekia wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 18:48 You guys have some seriously neat money.
If you want to see the whole lot then you can visit this link
https://banknotes.rba.gov.au/australias ... rculation/
Oh nice, thanks for that mate! *goes to look*
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Rorie wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:50...

the next note to be replaced if I understand correctly is not the A$20 but the A$50, the fate of the A$100?, no Aussie knows!
My understanding is the remaining notes will come out next September. That might change in time.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

And so this year compared to previous years, the Christmas hamper company mum and I are with actually left us alone. no phone call which was great because most of the time they call, they only want to do business by making you buy more than what you need or can actually afford and most of the time, the call center has people with limited English I don't know where the calls are coming from but being able to understand English or any other national language or very important, the fact Australian Employers hire foreign workers who don't understand fluent English and despite of this, they're still able to obtain a working visa is disgusting as they make no effort to learn or speak the language, as a natural born Australian Citizen this makes me very angry and I cannot believe we allow it to happen, these workers should learn the Language before they come here to work or to obtain Permanent Residence which eventually leads to being able to apply for Citizenship, if they're not going to speak English on an every day basis, they should go back to where they came from, Australia is not holding them against the will, they're able to move freely, so if your not going to act Australian. then ask yourself why are you here?

Fleexy been on my back lately, if he deletes this or suspends my account for a period of time, then he must really be having a bad day! by making up stories about double posting or hijacking threads whom which he has no evidence of this, so before you go accusing somebody produce the evidence before sharping the carving knifes!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

And so after the last 2 weeks of work for 2017 I decided to go the break up even though I was not going to, I had every right to go or not go, but I figure since I worked hard despite my illnesses, I would go and collect my payslips, I hope 2018 does not plague me with what I endured this year, Hurry up 2017 and be over already, I want 2018 to be here even though if it means another year older in October!
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

I too am hoping for a non-sucky, stress-free 2018.

Rorie

Post by Rorie »

I know this is premature but what the fucl anyway

GOODBYE 2017, YOU WERE A garg YEAR AND YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED, HELLO 2018!

well not exactly yet, still the 30th here in Australia at the moment. will be the 31st in a little over 3 hours, and then 24 hours later after the 31st, will officially be January 1st 2018, may you all find what you are looking for in 2018 and I hope your wishes and dreams come true, unfortunately for me I had a horrible 2017 and I hope I don't have to take the same amount or more sickies in 2018!
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

9 HOURS UNTIL 2018, BRING IT ON!
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Aaaaaand my 2018 is started off like 2015 did.

With a nice annoying bleed behind my retina.

Literally three years to the day from my first macular hemorrhage and I get another one. Can't help but laugh...

proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

Boy, you just have all the luck, don't you nanomekia? :(

Hey Nisaba, is your inbox full? PM's don't seem to be getting through.
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

proYorp wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 19:42 Hey Nisaba, is your inbox full? PM's don't seem to be getting through.

Code: Select all

Delete message
This message was deleted by its author.
by proYorp » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:15 
out now (link) : Image
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Apparently so, proYorp. :P This was actually quite lucky though - I caught the bleed before it would even show up on a scan (and the scans they do on my eyes are Very Sensitive indeed) so that makes things very simple. My eye doctor is always thoroughly impressed by how early I manage to catch these things!

So I've had an injection and it's already going away.

proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

@nanomekia: I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could've been. That stuff sounds terrible.

Nisaba wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 0:30

Code: Select all

Delete message
This message was deleted by its author.
by proYorp » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:15 
Huh....
Well, what I did was since I wasn't sure messages were sending correctly, I sent a test message separate from our Foray discussion. Then next time I looked, it was still in my outbox even though you'd been online since then, so I deleted it thinking the test failed. I don't know why it would suddenly send after I deleted it.... :confused
I'm not sure what even just happened, but things seem to be working currently.
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

If people have social phobia they need to get help, you can't spend your entire life trapped in your home, besides it really isn't that hard to spare a few dollars to afford a bus fare to take a trip to a coffee shop or a supermarket to buy your food for the week, a lot of people in the area that I live are able to afford an internet connection to do their food shop online and they're not even employed, they're on centrelink and feel isolated in their homes wherever if it is commission or private rental or even if they're are privately owned it is still no excuse!

Fact is you have to overcome your fears, running away from it does not fix anything, if you can afford internet you can afford to get off your ass and take a trip to buy groceries at the actual store instead of hiding away and using internet for everything!

I say this because I was raised with people interaction, the push to move everything online is scary! what if centrelink stuffs up your payment, you take a trip to the office to talk about that, and what happens next?, the staff deliberately try to push you to do it online because they hate their jobs, they do it just for the money, complete their shift and go home, only to endure another day of a job which again they hate!
Up yours Fleexy!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Rorie, if you're talking about people with anxiety disorders then you need to understand it's not as simple as just leaving the house, and saying there is no excuse is false and unhelpful. It's not so easily controlled.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Keening_Product wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 20:38 Rorie, if you're talking about people with anxiety disorders then you need to understand it's not as simple as just leaving the house, and saying there is no excuse is false and unhelpful. It's not so easily controlled.
I stand by what I say, there is no excuse and those who feel trapped do need to get help, it is available for those who want it
I once felt afraid of leaving the house and I overcame it, If I can, Anybody Can, they just need to get off their ass and try!
Up yours Fleexy!