Origins: Your Username

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Woah, TerminILL == Draik?! Mind == blown.

"Fleexy" == "Fleex" + "Flee" + "XY"
I had originally thought of being FleeXY, but then decided Fleexy was slightly more interesting.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

I AM PUNMASTER

Plus spleens are awesome. For many years Spleen had been one of my favourite names to use when playing Worms. I guess I wanted to be a worm.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Billy = real name.
Viking - reference to my asatru obsession.

The first internet name I ever used was Sir Billiam on a Hexen board. Being 15 starting in a small forum of 20+yr old code monkeys quickly led to me being called "the village idiot" and a song was made by the admin that goes like this:
Billyboy is dumb, dumb, dumb,
Billyboy is dumb, dumb, dumb.

So I wanted to separate myself from the name and called myself "psychopathically psychotic pshyco" on starmen.net. You know, named for the psychic psycos, only a step further. I trolled and trolled and trolled and acted like an idiot for attention and the admins shortened my name to "psycho" and I got a pretty bad reputation..

Then on Gamefaqs I named myself "PaganRaven" as a portmanteau of paganism and raven software (my heroes at the time). I went around the pokemon boards posting "Caw caw caw caw caw! Translation: [post]" to consistently keep up with the sharade that I was a sentient raven at the keyboard typing with my beak and talons.

I'm pretty sure the PCKF is the first place I made the name "VikingBoyBilly" and it stuck, since this is the first place I didn't act like a beligerant moron :o
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:this is the first place I didn't act like a beligerant moron :o
In before someone quotes this and does the eye shuffle.

:rolleyes
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Paramultart wrote:In before someone quotes this and does the eye shuffle.

:rolleyes
Even though I disagree it's still too tempting to pass up.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

"What's in a name?" the Bard once wrote. As it turns out, quite a bit. As many of you have probably gathered, "DHeadshot" is an abbreviation for "Deadly Headshot". I first started using that name on the Synthetic-Reality forum in 2005. I have frequently told people that it's the name I use for Quake, however that only started after I joined the forum. Permit me to explain...

The Synthetic Reality forum was the first forum I ever joined - indeed it was the first time I had ever come across a proper forum (bug-reporting forums notwithstanding). I decided I should register with a proper gaming name, one that sounded impressive to attempt to fit it (I was young, I never knew that an impressive name is more of a hinderence than a help). As I was registering, I decided on "Headshot" as a reference to my aforementioned Quake gaming. However, when I tried to enter it, it was taken! I thought for a while and decided to add "Deadly" to the beginning to differentiate myself from this other "Headshot". The forum system accepted it and I began to post. As far as differentiating myself went, however, I didn't choose very wisely: for the first six months or so, everyone thought I was "Headshot" just "Newbified". I had to keep explaining "No, I'm not Jeff - I just have a similar name". However, I kept the name and have used variations of it ever since ("Deadly Headshot" is quite a long thing to type to log in, so I started using "DHeadshot" where possible and "DdlyHeadshot" where not).

As for my Quake name: though "Deadly Headshot" was the first name I used online, my name for LAN games largely remained what it was before I coined "Deadly Headshot". That name was/is "Lock & Turd" (or "Lock'n'Turd" or "Lock and Turd" depending upon the space available and my inclination at the time). This was intended to be a play on "Lock and Load" that referenced the idea that I didn't expect myself to be very good; unlike with "Deadly Headshot" I was playing down my abilities instead of up. This did somwhat help lure people into a false sense of security - I'm not that good, but I'm not that bad either...

Anyway, that's my story.
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Mine is just a variation of my youtube username, troublesomecorsair.

My youtube username is troublesomecorsair because of the "A pirate I was meant to be" song in Curse of Monkey Island. I liked how that one part went:

We're troublesome corsairs,
and we've come to steal your treasures!
We would shoot you on the downbeat
but we have to rest five measures!

So now I like to put "troublesome" in front of everything.
Roger_Klotz
Vortininja

Post by Roger_Klotz »

As you can probably guess, my name is from the 1990's Nickelodeon cartoon Doug. I chose the name Roger_Klotz because I'm absolutely obsessed with the 90's and anything related to them. I also run a site based on 90's nostalgia, so it was a easy choice.
'90s Kids Unite @ the Power Rangers Forum - https://generationz.jcink.net
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Life is grim and so am I. Someone had to bring some grimdark to PCKF, no?
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Billy Blaze
Grunt

Post by Billy Blaze »

I got mine from my mom and dad: Mr. and Mrs. Blaze.... :crazy
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

oman, can you tell us what your parents' names actually are? I've always wondered this.

Well actually that's a lie. But I am wondering now.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Logical deduction will conclude that his father's name is William "B.J." Blazkovich II.
As for his mom, it's a mystery.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Once upon a time, there was a Guy, who was CK. I don't know what to say. I was 13 (well, nearly 14) when I joined the PCKF, can you expect me to have awesome username ideas at that age? As an extra little-known trivia bit that reveals even more self-indulgence, initially my username on ezboard pckf was 'The CK Guy' and I only registered 'CK Guy' after I messed up the registration of the 'The CK Guy' account in some way. I don't remember how, it was like 8.5 years ago.

tl;dr - my username has no origin story
LevelGuy
Grunt

Post by LevelGuy »

That's weird.

My account got messed up and I don't know why. :confused

I think I'll get rid of this username :dead

Strange you can't change it.
Jesus Christ is Lord over the Universe!
Medevila
Grunt

Post by Medevila »

This one? I spelled 'medieval' wrong back in 2001 and I've used it for just about everything. My old account on here was 'bp' which is just my initials. Used it on here since ≈2002.