Pizza discussion Cost or Quality?

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

For the cost, Little Ceasars isn't that bad. In fact, it's way better than Dominoes or Pizza Hut...

And $5 for a large, ready-to-take home, pizza is great for the impoverished college student
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

_mr_m_ wrote:And $5 for a large, ready-to-take home, pizza is great for the impoverished college student
Since I've started buying food for myself, I think about $3.5 for 30 servings of oatmeal and a 10lb bag of rice for $6-$10 is way more cost-effective :)

But this is a pizza thread. COWABUNGA DUUUUUUUUUUUDE! :tmntkeen
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Spikenexus
Vortininja

Post by Spikenexus »

There's a few Dominos and a Pizza Hut stores near me. I used to go to Pizza Hut quite a bit back when they had all-you-can-eat restaurants, but the only Pizza franchise stores near me only have tiny little stores where the only option is to take away.

There's a great independent store nearby though which is a bit more pricey but is far better quality, and the size of one of their large pizzas is 1.5 times the size of a Pizza Hut 'large'. And they even have a restaurant in the store!
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

I have a bone to pick with Little Caesars. Sometimes they want to charge me an extra dollar for getting a pizza without sauce. Just makes me frown. :P

There's a few Dominos and a Pizza Hut stores near me. I used to go to Pizza Hut quite a bit back when they had all-you-can-eat restaurants, but the only Pizza franchise stores near me only have tiny little stores where the only option is to take away.
They had some unlimited topics on a large pizza for 10 dollars. I like that deal.
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

I don't tend to stick to one outlet. Back when we used to regularly have shop-bought pizza (home made these days, woo!) we'd all get sick of a certain place's pizzas pretty quickly and change. We'd eventually change back and enjoy the old one again, but it's just a matter of variety.

We might actually be getting takeaway pizza tonight from a new place in town.

BUT, I much prefer digital pizza. Does this symbol remind anyone else of pizza?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
The Keen Commander
Vortininja

Post by The Keen Commander »

I personally am a big fan of Papa Murphy's...it's different from most chains in that you have to cook the pizza yourself, but it blows away Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, or Little Caesars.
I'd like to get a Futurama mod going. Here's what I've got so far:
http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=2152
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:
_mr_m_ wrote:And $5 for a large, ready-to-take home, pizza is great for the impoverished college student
Since I've started buying food for myself, I think about $3.5 for 30 servings of oatmeal and a 10lb bag of rice for $6-$10 is way more cost-effective :)
I agree with VBB. I came to the same conclusion, which is why oatmeal is a major staple of my diet, being the only grain I consume. I'll occasionally have rice in very small portions, but my diet is primarily raw vegan, consisting mostly of dark leafy greens and fruits.

Pizza is atrocious for your health and was a major contributer to my health decline.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Paramultart wrote:Pizza is atrocious for your health and was a major contributer to my health decline.
Well, millions eat Pizza and their health is okay.

Also, do keep in mind that not everyone is you. Your health is not like that of the entire population. It may be worse for you than for others. But, my that logic almost all food that we eat is bad for our health. This is not a topic about what is good and what is bad. We eat pizza. And we will continue to do so.
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Scarlet wrote:

Also, do keep in mind that not everyone is you. Your health is not like that of the entire population. It may be worse for you than for others.
Healthy people who eat pizza will have maybe one or two slices every once in a blue moon. People who eat pizza regularly, even if not overweight, are increasing their risk for future heart disease. They may seem fine while they're young, but wait until they're 40 and the sh*t hits the fan.

A serving size of cheese is a one-inch cube. Do you know how many servings of cheese are on one single slice of pizza?
Do you know how much cholesterol is in one single slice of pizza, especially considering toppings?

You should consume no more than 1,500mg of sodium per day... The 500mg zone is preferable... Yet most Americans can consume as much as 8,000mg or more sodium per day. It is no wonder that strokes are a leading cause of death in the states.

Do you know how much sodium is in pizza?

And don't even get me started on the bread and additives.

Nutrition and healthy eating applies to everyone. Poor lifestyle choices can and most likely will catch up to you in the future.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Paramultart wrote:
Scarlet wrote:

Also, do keep in mind that not everyone is you. Your health is not like that of the entire population. It may be worse for you than for others.
Healthy people who eat pizza will have maybe one or two slices every once in a blue moon. People who eat pizza regularly, even if not overweight, are increasing their risk for future heart disease. They may seem fine while they're young, but wait until they're 40 and the sh*t hits the fan.

A serving size of cheese is a one-inch cube. Do you know how many servings of cheese are on one single slice of pizza?
Do you know how much cholesterol is in one single slice of pizza, especially considering toppings?

You should consume no more than 1,500mg of sodium per day... The 500mg zone is preferable... Yet most Americans can consume as much as 8,000mg or more sodium per day. It is no wonder that strokes are a leading cause of death in the states.

Do you know how much sodium is in pizza?

And don't even get me started on the bread and additives.

Nutrition and healthy eating applies to everyone. Poor lifestyle choices can and most likely will catch up to you in the future.
Your idea of eating healthy means eating almost no cheese nor bread. Goodluck convincing people on that. Do it in the other topic. I love both and will continue to eat both.

That said, I do not eat Pizza as my only meal. I do not eat it too much either. But it's nonetheless a food that I like and will continue eating.

Out of spite for this topic I ate an entire large pizza on my own. It was probably too much ,but oh well. I'm alive and well, and will burn off those calories via exercise.
Stay classy, Scarlet.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

scarlet wrote:Out of spite for this topic I ate an entire large pizza on my own.
I seem to remember a little chat we had with your feelings of others on this board boiling down to "it's just the internet. I'll never meet them."

You seem to care an awful lot about what some stranger on the internet says if you ate a whole pizza just to spite him :p
Not like we'll ever know you really did it. You could have just made it up. We'll never meet you, anyway.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Scarlet wrote: Goodluck convincing people on that. Do it in the other topic. I love both and will continue to eat both.
All I said was that pizza did a number on my health. I made that topic as to not derail this thread. If people refuse to heed my warning, they don't have to listen, but starting an argument with me was not a very intelligent thing to do. If you don't agree with me, you didn't even have to reply, HURR DURR... You obviously care very much about what people on here think, but you're bitter because nobody here likes you and everyone wants you to leave.
Scarlet wrote:Your idea of eating healthy means eating almost no (poop)
Okay.
That said, I do not eat Pizza as my only meal. I do not eat it too much either. But it's nonetheless a food that I like and will continue eating.
I'm flattered that you thought highly enough of me to think that I care at all about your wellbeing, but honestly, you could go chug a vat of butter for all I care. :)
Out of spite for this topic I ate an entire large pizza on my own. It was probably too much ,but oh well. I'm alive and well, and will burn off those calories via exercise.
Oh man, I should do this more often. Mention facts about healthy eating, and consequently convince all the stupid people to eat themselves to death! Hahaha! You showed me! Have fun burning off those 3,000+ calories, among the other crap you probably ate today. You must have quite an extensive exercise regimen! And I'm sure all those excess pounds of yours are just "muscle"... or perhaps you're just "big boned".

I probably should have learned not to respond to your ignorance. After all, it earned me a weeks ban just for responding to your abhorrent intolerance and bigotry. If I get banned again for this, be it temporary or permanent, I don't even care at this point. I was thinking about quitting anyway.
I have nothing more to say to you. If there was a "block" feature on these forums, I would use it on you, and I wouldn't be the only one.
However, until your inevitable perma-ban, I'll simply pretend you don't exist from this day forward. Perhaps others have learned to do this already, but anyone who hasn't I hope will join me.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

All I said was that pizza did a number on my health. I made that topic as to not derail this thread. If people refuse to heed my warning, they don't have to listen, but starting an argument with me was not a very intelligent thing to do. If you don't agree with me, you didn't even have to reply, HURR DURR... You obviously care very much about what people on here think, but you're bitter because nobody here likes you and everyone wants you to leave.
I think that it's not just pizza that did stuff on your health. And quite honestly I'm tempted to say that stuff, but unlike you I am not a messed up hot head who rushes like a angry bull to take irrational actions. It's a combination of things. So I think it's best to not attack pizza and ruin our fun in talking about it.
Nobody likes me and everyone wants me to leave? I beg to differ. I feel very welcome here. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Have fun burning off those 3,000+ calories, among the other crap you probably ate today.
Only like 30ish minutes of exercise is 1000ish calories I think?

I seem to remember a little chat we had with your feelings of others on this board boiling down to "it's just the internet. I'll never meet them."

You seem to care an awful lot about what some stranger on the internet says if you ate a whole pizza just to spite him Cheeky
Not like we'll ever know you really did it. You could have just made it up. We'll never meet you, anyway.
I ate very little that day so meh, I felt like gobbling that down. Dead honest.

And when it comes to the "it's just the internet" I say that in the sense that one can speak honestly without having bad repercussions. Perhaps someone is too ashamed to say that they eat pizza because all their friends are vegans... such a person for example would have the freedom to speak openly here without having their society turn against them, because most people here do not belong to that society. It's like a virtual world. People can be more honest.

But getting back, I think that everyone can agree on one thing.
Cheese is the key thing in pizza.
Is it? Is it not?! What is if it isn't cheese?!
Stay classy, Scarlet.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I've eaten whole pizzas by myself before. It's always fun but I generally feel like ass the next day. It's not something I do often but I certainly won't pretend like I don't know why my gut doesn't go away. :crazy ~150 pounds at 6'1" isn't too bad, so I guess I'm doing something right.

I'm not going to get involved with the rest of the argument. I just wish that f*cking pizza didn't have to turn into a moral crusade like everything else.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

It's not that hard to eat an entire large pizza, especially if one ate almost nothing during the day. Eating an XL one though... that's hard. XD I wouldn't try.
Stay classy, Scarlet.