What the heck, PCKF?

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Fleexy approves of the topic premise. This type of administration has been keeping me away for the past few months. Someone, please fix things. The community is not how it used to be when I first joined.

:(

Oh, Ceilick, there's two "t"s in "latter". Just saying. :P

---
EDIT (after reading full thread):
VikingBoyBilly wrote:The members who are not empowered greatly outnumber the mods. We could organize and take action to take down mods we don't like.
Even before this thread was started, I thought of a semi-silly idea of "avatar unions", in which multiple users who thought alike about a particular moderator or system of administration could set their avatars to the same URL, which would update based on the group's current feeling or (possible) threat. For example: my avatar is a blue spinning hourglass. If I started an avatar union and many people joined, it would be very scary for a mod to log on and see a great number of red spinning hourglasses. Just an interesting idea.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Okay so this is going to be my only post in this thread you better enjoy it.

Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Top 50 quotes from this thread:

20 Gridlock: "Sorry, but like VBB explained, this is not the tone/mentality emanated from your previous posts. I realize the broad meaning of the word, and if this is really the case, then we're off the hook."

16 Ceilick: "I love you guys."

15 TerminILL: "here lies pckf
died because of drama"

14 CKeen: "I had a problem with spam and useless drama"

21 CKeen: "What the heck, PCKF?"

13 VikingBoyBilly: "I'd rather pay hundreds, if not thousands in bail instead of spending several nights in prison for free"

12 Keening_Product: "my comments are being ignored."

11 VikingBoyBilly: "Spoken like a real troll, ceilick."

10 The Keen Commander: "If anyone wants to jump all over me for that, go for it."

9 PandoricaShark: " Image "

8 Commander Spleen:
"A guide to visiting PCKF:
Step 1. Open browser tab
Step 2. Go to pckf.com
Step 3. Click "Mark all forums read"
Step 4. Close tab"

7 Gridlock: "I was blown away by the effort you guys put into this."

6 Eros: "before i knew what the whole pelswick fan thing was about, i thought it was a creative metaphor for para's own plight on the PCKF."

5 Ceilick: "Gasp, I haven't banned him!?"

4 CKeen: "About time someone uses actual logic."

3 thehackercat: "We the People of the Public Commander Keen Forum, in order to establish a less butthurt community..."

2 elecdude: "PCKF, I want to thank you. Through the good times, and the bad, ultimately I don't think I'd be who I am now without you."

1 jroc: "UNBALMN ALMN"

0 Ceilick: "no u"
Last edited by Lava89 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:51, edited 6 times in total.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Fleexy wrote:Just an interesting idea.
But still, don't you dare. It's childish and would effectively ruin every thread in the forum.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Fleexy wrote:Even before this thread was started, I thought of a semi-silly idea of "avatar unions", in which multiple users who thought alike about a particular moderator or system of administration could set their avatars to the same URL, which would update based on the group's current feeling or (possible) threat. For example: my avatar is a blue spinning hourglass. If I started an avatar union and many people joined, it would be very scary for a mod to log on and see a great number of red spinning hourglasses. Just an interesting idea.
Sorry, but Blastie's not going anywhere.
The Keen Commander
Vortininja

Post by The Keen Commander »

Lava89 wrote:Top 50 quotes from this thread:
Oman, I didn't make the top 50 countdown? :(

I think it's pretty clear that what most people want is a review of the forum rules. Is there really any need for discussion beyond that?
I'd like to get a Futurama mod going. Here's what I've got so far:
http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=2152
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

The Keen Commander wrote: Oman, I didn't make the top 50 countdown? :(
Because you mentioned something (at your own risk), I just looked far and wide (ok more like 15 seconds) to see which quote I can take out of context and make some horrible implication. But I did actually laugh when I originally read this:
If anyone wants to jump all over me for that, go for it.
I must've overlooked that one, so I added it. Glad I gave myself plenty of room to add more entries. ;)
Last edited by Lava89 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:49, edited 1 time in total.
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

You people complain more than the guy whose windpipe I snapped.
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
Eurysilas
Grunt

Post by Eurysilas »

:bloody

Tom Hall and Romero too, is this really five pages of horrible train wreck? It almost makes me wonder if oughtn't to have stayed a lurker.

*backs away slowly*
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Okay, sorry. I should've never posted in this thead. :)
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

elecdude33 wrote:Okay, sorry. I should've never posted in this thead. :)
No, I think you had one of the most positive influences on this thread. Which is why I put your quote high on the list.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Lava89 wrote:
elecdude33 wrote:Okay, sorry. I should've never posted in this thead. :)
No, I think you had one of the most positive influences on this thread. Which is why I put your quote high on the list.
Oh, right. I misinterpreted, I thought you were making fun of it like you were with some other quotes, I think? :P
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Yeah, maybe I should've made it a little more clear. Some of the quotes were posted because I thought they were funny when I originally read them, others were taken out of context (or had some kind of hook, like misquoting someone else or taking a quote not even in this thread). Yours is the only that was posted in a serious manner, because I felt it was significant and a good post (Ceilick's "no u" was pretty significant too, even if you don't find it funny....that is, significant in a different way, LOL). In fact, I kinda wish this thread went more in direction of your post's tone. Sorry about the confusion!
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

's alright. I'm pretty chill about the whole thing at the moment.
candyjack3
Meep

Something to consider

Post by candyjack3 »

Preventing someone to express their opinion about anything, because of their opinion about just one thing, is a huge limitation on freedom of speech.