What the heck, PCKF?

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Hey candyjack, you do realize that the forum has a password recovery feature, right? This is your third account in five months.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Re: Something to consider

Post by entropicdecay »

candyjack3 wrote:Preventing someone to express their opinion about anything, because of their opinion about just one thing, is a huge limitation on freedom of speech.
Would people please stop invoking freedom of speech? When you're using somebody else's space you have the freedoms they allow. All forums do this, if one allows complete freedom of speech, that's still because the owner decided to do so.

I'm not saying that the moderation here is perfect, absolutely not. But treating this like it's a matter of government censorship is silly.
candyjack
Vortininja

Post by candyjack »

Flaose wrote:Hey candyjack, you do realize that the forum has a password recovery feature, right? This is your third account in five months.
Thanks, I first forgot which email address I had used for registration, but I've managed to recover it. Usernames sure look better without numbers appended.

Edit: no offense, elecdude33.

elecdude33 wrote:
candyjack3 wrote:Preventing someone to express their opinion about anything, because of their opinion about just one thing, is a huge limitation on freedom of speech.
Would people please stop invoking freedom of speech? When you're using somebody else's space you have the freedoms they allow. All forums do this, if one allows complete freedom of speech, that's still because the owner decided to do so.

I'm not saying that the moderation here is perfect, absolutely not. But treating this like it's a matter of government censorship is silly.
I'm not objecting to the way this place is even hypothetically moderated, but it's still relevant to the freedom of speech that applies here. The way it was worded, he should be perma-banned for being a neo-nazi, not for expressing those views here and refusing to stop (I do think that's going too far for a place like this).
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

elecdude33 wrote: treating this like it's a matter of government censorship is silly.
Hey man, its a free country! >:

The founding fathers are turning in their grave! :barf
Last edited by Lava89 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 0:34, edited 1 time in total.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Lava89 wrote:
elecdude33 wrote: treating this like it's a matter of government censorship is silly.
Hey man, its a free country! >:

The founding fathers are turning in their grave!
A free electronic country that exists in Intermerica? Whose founding fathers were robots.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Ceilick wrote:I'm not sure what I did such that you feel you need to somehow embarrass or mock me, but your cries for attention on this forum are over. You've been warned enough times.
Maybe rereading this thread will remind Ceilick and everyone else of his transgressions that warrant deposing his admin power.

For everyone who demands more context, Ceilick, acting on his own, permanently banned Paramultart from the PCKF for this:
Paramultart wrote:There's only two Keen mods of mine that have yet to be released:
1) [Ceilick]'s Penis Mod
2) Shmaynoria 2
Apparently lighthearted jokes aimed at Ceilick warrant permanent termination.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Really a more than 3 year bump for some personal grief you have with Ceilick from I don't know when?

I am closing this thread now, please try and do not act like a ten year old that didn't get a certain toy. We have a limitation of minimum 13 years of age to use this forum, thank you.
Image You crack me up little buddy!