Forum Rules Discussion

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Malvineous wrote:I'm not sure whether my two cents counts for much given that I hardly ever visit any more, but for what it's worth, the reason I stopped frequenting the PCKF was because it seemed like 90% of the posts were in the 'Miscellaneous' forum and had nothing to do with Commander Keen. It became a chore trying to keep up when so many new posts were, well, irrelevant.

Now that's fine and all if people just want a place to hang out and chat about music or whatever, but then maybe the forum shouldn't be called the Commander Keen forum if most of the posts have nothing to do with Keen!
Seems like there's an easy way to keep up: just don't read the Miscellaneous section!
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

That's what I started doing, but the list of new posts ended up getting so crowded it was difficult to pick out things that were Keen related, so after a while I just gave up :o
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

I'm going to update the rules and unpin the discussion, however we can keep this thread open for future discussion and suggestions. The only change from the proposed rules will be a bolding of the warning to not "take the law into your own hands". And, sorry Malv, we won't be nerfing the Miscellaneous section any time soon :)
Benvolio wrote:Closer to home, do any of you guys find that if, on the pckf, you click on 'profile' from the options at the top of the page, the form in which you make changes to your profile asks you to "Please select the two other occurrences of this creature:" followed by a range of pictures and checkboxes, all of which are broken links, rendering that task impossible. While I'm here, might I suggest that that gets looked at?!?
Though the links are broken, I find that clicking any two (and maybe more) pictures results in success. Does that work for you too?
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Flaose wrote:Though the links are broken, I find that clicking any two (and maybe more) pictures results in success. Does that work for you too?
You don't need to click any - that whole verification system has been disabled.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

1) When someone is banned they should be emailed so that the banned person knows until when the ban is.

2) There is a nasty favoring of people over others in just about everything here, I'd say.

3) CKEEN openly calls me a nazi (because I support Gadaffi over those rebels). The forum seems to approve that and support his behavior because they have not punished him in any way, and hence have given the green light for more of that. So, it is important to eliminate such behavior.
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

to refine scarlet's first suggestion, getting a ban should entail a email stating what it is for and its duration. unless it's a bot, to which it's insta-nuke.
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Scarlet, seriously stop trying to start stupid drama. We've gotten past this problem, don't bring it back up again. Suggestion #1 has already been mentioned, and #2 and #3 are just trolling attempts to start a flamewar. Just give it a rest, please.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Gridlock wrote:Scarlet, seriously stop trying to start stupid drama. We've gotten past this problem, don't bring it back up again. Suggestion #1 has already been mentioned, and #2 and #3 are just trolling attempts to start a flamewar. Just give it a rest, please.
1) I am not sure that it has been mentioned.

Also, @Eros, yes, exactly.

2) Not so. He did it clearly here and seems to have gotten the quiet nod of full support. Everyone and their grandma knows what he was referring to me. viewtopic.php?t=2363
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

I expect those who are banned in the future will receive a more explicit explanation than has previously occurred.

Ckeen said a lot of things in that post, ignoring the neo-Nazi part wasn't necessarily agreement with the statement.

Favoritism is always going to happen. In this case it was because you were perceived as a griefer, and the instigator of the last spat between yourself and Para.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I think what Flaose is trying to say is that when someone acts like a turd, people tend to dislike that person. It's kind of a law of nature, and there's no forum rules that can really work around that.

I find it somewhat ironic, but not at all surprising, that one might openly complain about some user, demanding he be banned, right here in the rules thread, after there were rules put in place to prohibit such behavior.

You would think someone might just be grateful that they're even unbanned at all, and stop bringing up old drama. :)
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Paramultart wrote:I find it somewhat ironic, but not at all surprising, that one might openly complain about some user, demanding he be banned, right here in the rules thread, after there were rules put in place to prohibit such behavior.

You would think someone might just be grateful that they're even unbanned at all, and stop bringing up old drama. :)
1) I pointed out how there's a forum rules discussion going on, yet people are violating them openly without getting punished. What the admins end up doing is up to them.

2) I am not grateful whatsoever and I feel that I am the victim in the whole thing.

Favoritism is always going to happen. In this case it was because you were perceived as a griefer, and the instigator of the last spat between yourself and Para.
If one wants to appeal this ruling/view, where/how could one do that? I feel very strongly against these opinions. But, I do not think the discussion for that should be in this topic.
Stay classy, Scarlet.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I'm almost instantly regretting unbanning you, and if you think CKeen has called you "neo-nazi" just because of Gaddaffi you're a small person. When you think he just hasn't been punished because he's favoured and that makes him invincible, you're even smaller.

And I think you should maybe try and find out what makes a person likeable in the first place, and where it comes from that you feel somebody might not favour you. Because that is entirely you're own fault.
I'm not claiming to be completely neutral on my decisions as a moderator, since that's humanly impossible, I only try to be fair.
We all came here as nobodies without history of any kind, and what people think of us now on these forums is completely brought on by ourselves.

Anyway, I'm okay with discussions like these going on in this thread, since it's kinda the purpose of it, but as soon as this is dragged all over the forums again I'm gonna take actions.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Everyone might be right and might be wrong. I would like to know where/how one can go about doing an appeal for admin conduct on this issue, as I feel that this topic is not a good place for that. Should I email, should I send pms, what do I do? Or there is no such possibility? I feel that I have significant information that have not been considered.
Stay classy, Scarlet.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

It's funny I vehemently voiced the creation of this rules thread, but I never participated in it until now, and this is just a response to Scarlet:

You and Paramultart got unbanned much earlier than expected. I don't even understand what you're complaining about, and I don't get what Gadaffi has anything to do with Naziism (I suspect CKeen's differing opinion of Gadaffi is unrelated to his reasoning for calling you a neo-nazi).
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

To be honest, I was actually unbanned much earlier, but I didn't start posting until recently.
I thought it was strange that Scarlet popped up so soon after I finally felt comfortable visiting this place again.

@Scarlet:

What the is this "Appeal" nonsense? What do you expect, a time machine or something? You will never get back the time you were banned. Do you honestly expect the allegiance of other mods and forum members to exercise your wrath upon those you deems as your oppressors? Get real. You've already been relieved of the consequences of his actions. Just be grateful and move on.
Scarlet wrote:I am not grateful. I see myself as a victim.
Lol. :lol
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"