To all active PCKF members

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
JackDaniels
Vortininja

To all active PCKF members

Post by JackDaniels »

This might come off as a little random, but I think it is amazing that after all these years there is still a community out there that keeps Commander Keen alive. I grew up with Commander Keen. It was the first game I ever played and even though I do not play it a lot anymore, I have played the original as well as fanmade levelsets from time to time in the past. It certainly brings back good childhood memories every time I play it.

So, to all active PCKF members and contributors, I think it's amazing you keep this game and forum alive :)
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Thanks. I can only hope trying to expand the fan base through fan art, even though it'll mostly bring in folks that were at least familiar or played those old games.
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

It's amazing indeed :)
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Re: To all active PCKF members

Post by troublesomekeen »

JackDaniels wrote:So, to all active PCKF members and contributors, I think it's amazing you keep this game and forum alive
And I second the motion! A big thank you to all PCKF members, past, present and future. I was amazed when I luckily stumbled upon this forum to find people still making mods, drawing fan-art and sharing ideas. Without all of you guys, I wouldn't have the motivation to work on my mods. And it's been a blast so far! Long live Captain Keen!
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
DukeNukem 2417
Grunt

Post by DukeNukem 2417 »

It's a game that's worth keeping alive. From "Marooned on Mars" to "Aliens Ate My Babysitter" (and beyond, hopefully), the Commander Keen games are a great way for me (and probably loads of other people) to remember the joys of DOS gaming and a time when "winning" didn't involve killing demons or winning World War II FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME.
What's the point of growing up if you can't be a little childish sometimes?
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

DukeNukem 2417 wrote:when "winning" didn't involve killing demons or winning World War II FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME.
That's what you do in games these days? I'm sorry, I haven't played any new games since 1998.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Keening_Product wrote:
DukeNukem 2417 wrote:when "winning" didn't involve killing demons or winning World War II FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME.
That's what you do in games these days? I'm sorry, I haven't played any new games since 1998.
the word *demons* can be interchangeable with aliens, mutants, zombies, etcetera.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass