Buy your PCKF Spam Sieve today!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Rorie wrote:freedom of speech.
Doesn't exist here. No rights, remember?

I'm not saying that a lot of people are going to be offended by your strange political views (strange in that, as was pointed out, this is a political party from a country on the opposite side of the world from you), but I'm fairly certain that there are a few closet Republicans here (forced to stay there because "the internet" decided that you can only express your political views if you are a progressive, in which case you are allowed to endlessly belittle dissenting opinions) that are offended by your anti-Republican signature.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Flaose wrote:I'm fairly certain that there are a few closet Republicans here (forced to stay there because "the internet" decided that you can only express your political views if you are a progressive, in which case you are allowed to endlessly belittle dissenting opinions) that are offended by your anti-Republican signature.
There tend to be quite a few libertarians/freedom supporters on the internets; it probably has to do with demographics (idealism being most common amongst the young, who are more technologically active), as well as the internet being, for all its faults, a "pretty free" place.

The problem is that the republican line tends to be a mix of freedom in the marketplace + oppressive christian values in the home. The former, while popular, is not terribly popular, and the internet tends to hate the guts out of the latter (I guess warmongering too, but that's died a bit especially since it's no longer exclusive to the republicans).

It may well be that demographics explains everything, and that republicans are, for whatever reason, just not as likely to be tech-saavy.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

According to the records of olden days (like medieval era or thereabouts) it was possible to grow bananas in northern Europe. Not kidding. Not surprised either. But sounds like something to investigate. I always imagined it was very hot back then.
I should like to see the source for that, I can't find anything online, not even on climate change denial sites. On the other hand, Iceland grows bananas now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_pro ... in_Iceland

but I'm fairly certain that there are a few closet Republicans here
I'm not nearly as sure, the internet to me seems to be a place of division, a place where you can surround yourselves with like minded people that do not question the unspoken consensus. When I look online I see whole swathes of people tucked away in their own communities that ignore the opposite point of view as being actively biased against them.

Point in case, climate change, notably the 'there has been no warming in x years' myth. This is a classic case of misreading a graph, yet you will find the internet divided into two groups, the 'Look at this evidence!' group against climate change (Usually conservative.) and the 'No, ur doing it wrong' pages pointing out the error. There is little crosstalk between them except comment sections that basically boil down to 'Everything you people do sucks.' It's possible to sit in a community, visit other sites and have a whole social circle without seeing a dissenting point of view. And that's scary.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

Flaose wrote:
Rorie wrote:freedom of speech.
Doesn't exist here. No rights, remember?
then what rights do i have? the right to remain silent? i do not think so!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

You only have the right to remain silent because the mods don't have the means to interrogate you until you tell them what they want. At least, not yet. :mort
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

As I have noted, no rights really, there's nothing the mods are legally obliged to do, no terms they have to fulfill, their whims are law. (Well not LAW as such since they can't *force* you to do anything...)
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Levellass wrote:As I have noted, no rights really, there's nothing the mods are legally obliged to do, no terms they have to fulfill, their whims are law. (Well not LAW as such since they can't *force* you to do anything...)
Well if you think about it law can't force you to do anything either. Just like with mods, not obeying the law will get you punished, but much more severely.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

either way i have removed the anti-republican sig not because i was under pressure or offended anyone. i removed it because it had met it's purpose
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Hugo Chavez is dead.

Well done good sir,nobody will ever suspect.

Well if you think about it law can't force you to do anything either. Just like with mods, not obeying the law will get you punished, but much more severely.
The forum is a lawless place, the new frontier. home to a breed of rugged individualists.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Hugo Chavez: Before I die, Rorie, I have one last wish...please...please post an anti-Republican signature on the PCKF...at least just for a few days...

Rorie: I will, sir. Anything for my Comandante, sir.

Chavez: And...and tell Scarlet...tell him I love him...

Rorie: ...
wengdongdong
Meep

wengdongdong

Post by wengdongdong »

(Spam deleted. Post kept for Bernie's sake... plus the irony. -KP)
wengdongdong
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

Well i'm actually a spam bot. I was suppose to come here to advertise cupboards UK but I then got wrapped up in Keen and just decided to stay as a member :)