Buy your PCKF Spam Sieve today!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Buy your PCKF Spam Sieve today!

Post by Levellass »

Tired of spam filters that block absolutely everything? Well that can be a problem of the past with the PCKF Spam Sieve! Filled with gaping holes to let only the best spam straight through to your forums

Buy online via strange redirects to unsecured sites that will require you to disable all your adblockers. Our prices as follows:

Small: $4.99
Medium: $8.99
Large: $13.99

Buy withi9n the next half hour and get a combustible firewall totally FREE!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

real solution would be too upgrade this years old phpbb to the latest version and to install a spam filter and a captcha question. which if i am correct was being considered but this speculation has died again? very disappointing keeners have a right to come to a board to discuss commander keen spam free and that right is being denied?
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

The right isn't being denied at all. We have a (reasonably) dedicated team of mods and admins who spend most of their administrative time cleaning up these spambots, and relatively promptly. The board is hardly overrun, like I've seen some (totally gone), and remember, this service is graciously provided for free by all involved staff. We could stand to upgrade, yes. But no-one's being denied any rights by any stretch of the imagination.
Shonikado wrote:Looking back on what we've done and wanting to change it is the first step in becoming a weakling that cannot do anything.
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Re: Buy your PCKF Spam Sieve today!

Post by Shadow Master »

Levellass wrote:Buy withi9n the next half hour and get a combustible firewall totally FREE!
You forgot to include redundant and repetitive all-lowercase words all over your ad in order to trick search engines into increasing the post’s relevancy in search results (a.k.a. “Search Engine Optimization” (snorts)).
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Re: Buy your PCKF Spam Sieve today!

Post by MoffD »

Levellass wrote: Buy withi9n the next half hour and get a combustible firewall totally FREE!
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

No.

And now for something completely different. (The larch!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw6MP3Db77A
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Rorie wrote:real solution would be too upgrade this years old phpbb to the latest version and to install a spam filter and a captcha question. which if i am correct was being considered but this speculation has died again?
Unfortunately, as of yet no one has been able to make a reasonable offer.
Rorie wrote:very disappointing keeners have a right to come to a board to discuss commander keen spam free and that right is being denied?
You have no rights here, this is a benevolent dictatorship, and has always been. As TerminILL says though, we do try our best to keep this place spam free. If you have to suffer with the occasional 12-hour spam post consider it your penance for living in the Eastern Hemisphere.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

Flaose wrote: You have no rights here, this is a benevolent dictatorship, and has always been. As TerminILL says though, we do try our best to keep this place spam free. If you have to suffer with the occasional 12-hour spam post consider it your penance for living in the Eastern Hemisphere.
hang on mate! since when did dictators come into this discussion?. not only myself but other keeners do have a right to discuss commander keen and for it to be spam free (not trying to question or infuriate the admins or mods) but i still reckon that an upgrade of the board is still long overdue
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Meh. All a bot does is make a funny topic every once in a while.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

I'm sorry my AEDT/AEST spam filtering has been poor lately - been way too busy with stupid numbers of projects and Uni is going back soon.

Also spam isn't Hitler - it's not going to take your rights away.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I beg to differ good sir: http://www.salon.com/2003/07/29/spam_nazi/

First they came for the topic derailers, and I was silent for I did not derail topics.
Then they came for the lurkers, and I was silent, because I did not lurk.
Then they came for the mods, and I was silent, for I did not moderate.
Then they came for me and there was nobody left to speak up.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

whaaa? i love the spam. they have some good deals. don't you guys even consider that?
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Bernie wrote:whaaa? i love the spam. they have some good deals. don't you guys even consider that?
The funniest part is finding out whether it's legit or not. Using spambots alone makes it look rather unprofessional don't you think?
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

Spam is spam to me. it's all illegitimate.

And it all goes to one place too... that is to the vast nothingness after being permanently deleted.