CSS

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

CSS

Post by KeenEmpire »

Has anyone come up with a good Stylish (or other CSS style changer) theme for these forums or similar? Right now, I've only got a crude black theme I've been prodding and poking with: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=pmnVv5pe

Edit: stylebot CSS: Jul 16 2013
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

It's amazing how a simple white-to-black switch can send the appearance of a webpage back a decade stylistically.

This will be the new thing... forget modding Keen, let's all make ever-more-convoluted mods of the PCKF. :p
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

If Lemm gets involved there's no telling what might happen.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

I ended up using stylebot and kinda abusing the global theme: http://pastebin.com/tymWchGB Aug 18 Sep 22 Oct 30

Screenshots when I get a spare minute. It actually looks more cluttered now that I've brought many of the lines back.
Benvolio wrote:It's amazing how a simple white-to-black switch can send the appearance of a webpage back a decade stylistically.
Actually, the default one is a decade old; this is new :D
Last edited by KeenEmpire on Tue Oct 29, 2013 22:01, edited 5 times in total.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

KeenEmpire wrote:Actually, the default one is a decade old; this is new :D
Nooo, don't do that! :old
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

KeenEmpire wrote:the default one is a decade old; this is new
Haha good point... time flies... perhaps 15-20 years would have been more accurate! No offence is meant by the way - I am just noting that in the first decade of the world wide web, a lot of webpages tended to have light text on a dark background (including the one-time centrepiece of the online community http://cc314.shikadi.net/) - it was thought to look 'cooler' and besides people were more familiar with the default MS-DOS text mode colour scheme.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

I've been trying to reduce eyestrain. Unfortunately, just about every website nowadays has black on a glaring white background, so it's a slow and arduous prcess.

YMMV and the current grey-on-black might not actually be the best for this. Fortunately, I've managed to put most of the changes in one single paragraph (the very very long one) so the color should be easily changeable.

Screenshots http://imgur.com/a/kwCYb

Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

It's too dark. :/
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

It's very, very hard to make a black theme look uncluttered. You might be better off making a mid-grey theme with darker headers. I'm thinking a Mort theme?

If I get a moment I'll throw something together myself. Good on you for getting to work on one of these, KeenEmpire!
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass