I Apologize but Still Remain

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
HoboRed
Vortininja

I Apologize but Still Remain

Post by HoboRed »

So as any old members or new members that potentially read the archives back far enough to see any of my activity might know a little of what I've shown to this community. When the Commander Keen community was my primary interest I was 11 years old. Today, 3 years and several games later, I am 14 years old... Whatever maturity comes in those three years can be taken with a grain of salt, but at least it's there. I understand when I actively posted in the forums I was often regarded as a spammer, thanks maybe in part to Fleexy, ( ;] ), but also my utter lack of relevant input on the threads on which I posted. I met a lot of pretty frigin awesome people on these forums and I made a lot of goals that would never be accomplished, and I doubt I'll ever stop being a procrastinator. Commander Keen is still, in my opinion, the coolest thing to ever happen to PC gaming, whether it be the most significant or not. Sometimes when I get tired of reading about balance on Battle.net forums I wander over to PCKF, and its great to see that some of the big posters I remember such as KeenRush, Tulip, Levellass, CKeen, VikingBoyBilly, Ceilick..... (I apologize for any misspelled names, it's been a while). So sure, maybe my dream isn't to finally finish a level pack I set out to do 3 years ago, nor is it the other uncountable number of things that we set out to do as our interests shift. I guess the purpose of this thread is to say I am sorry for whatever negative attributes I brought about to the forums when I was an active poster, and that I still love Commander Keen for the impact it had on that period of my life. So this does confirm that I am not dead, and I suppose we can conclude that my respect for this community isn't either.
~HoboRed :)
RIP Eduard Khil
HoboRed
Vortininja

Post by HoboRed »

I also apologize for posting this in "The Theater". Like I mentioned, it's been a while and I've grown a bit rusty!
RIP Eduard Khil
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Well the first bit of wisdom I can give you on your return is not to double post. ;)

Seriously though, welcome back. Always good too see the Keening spirit has survived both long absences and the beginnings of maturity.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Welcome back :) Moved this to the correct sub-forum.
HoboRed
Vortininja

Post by HoboRed »

T.T Yeah I'll figure it out someday.... <3 Can always rely on Ceilick to save me when I screw up. Thanks guys! 8)
RIP Eduard Khil
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Hey hey! As something of a... you might say, token of welcome, I present to you Mini-Hobo-Red!

Last edited by troublesomekeen on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:36, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
HoboRed
Vortininja

Post by HoboRed »

He's definitely terrifying! Gotta love DSL for making that picture!
RIP Eduard Khil
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Welcome back hobo.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Is it just me or does your avatar look like Bender?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
HoboRed
Vortininja

Post by HoboRed »

Levellass wrote:Is it just me or does your avatar look like Bender?

You just brought me to an incredibly significant realization! He does, and that is in no way, shape, or form a bad thing.
RIP Eduard Khil
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

You are not Alone HoboRed, I have done quite a few bad things myself as a member of this community but as with any mistake you mature and learn from it, I too lurk here but don't contribute anything anymore even I don't play Commander Keen at all now, Work and Surveys take up all my time since i finished all of my study, I work 33 hours a week so that really does not leave time for anything, Anyways Welcome Back and remember you are forgiven but just don't resume old habits learn from mistakes and better yourself from lessons that you learn in life, That is how I matured
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

I was thinking more of Homer Simpson when he has stubble.
HoboRed
Vortininja

Post by HoboRed »

guynietoren wrote:
I suppose if Homer Simpson was a robot...

Thanks Rorie, the sad thing is I don't even have a computer compatible with DOS and I'm too lazy and a bit too stupid to use Dosbox. Commander Keen still has a place in my heart and I still have a really old laptop with Windows 95 with all the keen episodes and mods on it that I pull out every now and again.
RIP Eduard Khil
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

guynietoren wrote:
Looks more like Fry. Yeah, definitely Fry's expression! But... it got one eye... So it's kinda Leela? And it's a robot at the same time...
Got it! In conclusion it's PJFTLBBRHSR (Philip J. Fry Turanga Leela Bender Bending Rodriguez Homer Simpson Robored).
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Let's not forget where he got his red pigment from!