Hiya! :) (Introduction)

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Time for a little bit of self-promotion!

Hello, I'm Fleexy! A few months back, I did some YouTube "let's play"s of various Commander Keen mods. Basically, an LP is a video in which the creator plays a game and talks to share his/her thoughts. I was at first adding a new episode each day, but since school started I haven't had time to continue. There is, however, a large amount of video content present. Check out the Fleex Plays Keen thread here.

Welcome to the forums!
-Fleexy
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Cobalt wrote:As for Keen mods, my sonic mods will be great. It's a combo of two of the greatest PC games ever!
I wonder how will you do this fanboy:

And that:
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

You will be quite impressed :)
I'm the cool blue keener.
wolfcub7
Vortininja

Post by wolfcub7 »

I've seen Mega Drive game packages for PC if that's what you mean. But I rather bought the authentiv gaming system back. <3

Hmm...Wow, well I'll first try all those you've recommended and then I think I'll go through the rest in order the best I can. :P
Are they all here at the Releases board?

And I have less than zero knowledge about how to programme games, so it's unlikely there'll be a mod from me. But who knows, maybe one day I'll try and study it. It might be fun. :)

EDIT:
Oh well I can find them from the Wiki..I'd just feel safer downloading from a page that can't be edited by just anyone at any moment...
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

The sprites shouldn't be a problem if Cobalt manages to shrink them to fit the Vorticons resolution. The running animation is pretty short.
wolfcub7
Vortininja

Post by wolfcub7 »

Ow, man!

The Valentine's Keen/Bash download file is gone. The Wiki page says so, and I can't find a topic for it here!

Can someone please re-upload the file somewhere? Please? Judging by the Wiki info, I'd totally enjoy it. :P

EDIT:

Nevermind! I found a topic after all. Weird that it didn't come up on the first two searches but when I was searching for a game by an entirely different name...
Captainkeen
Vortininja

Post by Captainkeen »

recently I've returned to the past on video and PC games and have decided I'll beat the first trilogy now!
The first three episodes are actually the best. Later episodes are also good and have more features but they can never match the simple pure game play of the vorticons series. The in game saving feature actually kind of ruins it in my opinion because whats to stop you from using it every 2 seconds as soon as you meet any significant challenges? but not using the in game safe feature at all makes it too hard and the levels are too long and sometimes complex for that. There's no balance!

If you think the movement in keen 1-3 is to stif then you are wrong! you'r simply not used to it yet. Also if you find it too hard remember many things are kind of puzzles to figure out how to get past something. Like in keen 2 you can often evade most of the dangerous enemies and in keen 3 you don't have to finish every level and some are very hard but unneccesary.

Also there are many great vorticon mods.
PROTIP: If KeenRush made the mod you're playing... don't. Just don't. You cannot win, your mind will break under the stress.
Thats actually not true for his first mod yorpius II
As for Keen mods, my sonic mods will be great. It's a combo of two of the greatest PC games ever!
I like that confidence. Good.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

There was Valentine's Keen trouble? Who knew?

wiivn wrote:
Cobalt wrote:As for Keen mods, my sonic mods will be great. It's a combo of two of the greatest PC games ever!
I wonder how will you do this fanboy:

And that:
That's actually rather simple to do, if you have the sprites set up.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

All I need is the jump on enemies to kill them pat ch.
I'm the cool blue keener.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

And that's easy enough to do as well.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
wolfcub7
Vortininja

Post by wolfcub7 »

Huh? I haven't replied to this at all? Well, my life did take a dramatic turn three weeks from that post, so I guess I forgot when I eventually returned. :S

Anyway, yes, I'm a huge Mega Drive fan boy. :love
It's the console of my childhood. Though I did play Nintendo, too, a bit. But Nintendo never was that great for me. Maybe because we didn't have any consoles but only Commodore 64 and PCs...and I only played Nintendo when in hospital or at one of my friends and I spent much more time with another friend who had Sega Mega Drive...And then at 13 years old I bought the Sega from her because she bought a Playstation.

What? Were they on DOS already back in the day? o.O

And I'll check out your Sonic/Keen mods. :D