netauthority.org

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

netauthority.org

Post by ckguy »

I just bumped into this website because elecdude's website says that it's a proud "net authority offender".

Holy crap, that Net Authority website is absolutely terrible. One of the reasons a website can be an offender is ...
  • Bestiality and/or interracial relationships
Are you fucling kidding me??!! Who puts those together in one category?
  • Offensive political material
www.savetherainforest.org and www.greens.org.au (The Green Party) got this one, along with bestiality and/or interracial relationships. I do not know how they can apply the label
  • Hateful material
to anything, this is one of the more subversively hateful websites I've seen in a while.

Comments?

(I originally had the genuine article up there instead of "fucling". but it was changed magically to "fucl" which wasn't even grammatical.)
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

It's a joke site, it was created by some guy to try and demonstrate that people would believe it was real, I think. Last time I visited his website (not the net authority website, the site of the guy who made it) I think it laid the fact that it was a joke more clearly, but it seems to have changed since... :confused

Anyway, it's a joke site.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Well if so, I don't hate people so much anymore.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Eh, what's the point? Web is full of all of these, and some people take it all seriously. It sounds like you've just realized this. :crazy
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

CK Guy wrote:Well if so, I don't hate people so much anymore.
I think it's funny how you let a WEBSITE make you mad. :lol
Bestiality and/or interracial relationships
There isn't an emoticon to express how funny that was.

Seriously though, if you would let something as simple as that bother you, why did you look at the page in the first place? In fact when you started getting offended why didn't you just close the window. There IS a big red "X" at the top of the browser you know.
"Check out the red marker... it smells like cherries."
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Galaxieretter wrote:Seriously though, if you would let something as simple as that bother you, why did you look at the page in the first place? In fact when you started getting offended why didn't you just close the window.
Hah, that will never happen! That's partly the reason all these shock sites work so well, people keep staring and stuff etches into their wimp minds. :mortlol
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Galaxieretter wrote: I think it's funny how you let a WEBSITE make you mad. :lol
Well... Even though there's a lot of bad humour on the internet and you can't always tell for sure if someone is joking, they're still written words that can be taken seriously. Words can hurt, why couldn't a written word do that?

Though if you're asking for a fight (like spammers and trolls), then yeah, don't get mad, that's what they want you to.
Also, I thought more something like "more proof that man can be STUPID" rather than "I HATE HATE HATE!!!".