Oculus Rift

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
candyjack
Vortininja

Post by candyjack »

Oculus Rift sounds like it could be a Keen level. Keen enters Bloogfoods, Inc. / Fribbulus Xax / Oculus Rift. It just fits right in.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

I saw an Oculus Rift (or something very, very like it) on TV last night being used to help kids with learning difficulties explore the world. It was quite cool.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Keening_Product wrote:I saw an Oculus Rift (or something very, very like it) on TV last night being used to help kids with learning difficulties explore the world. It was quite cool.
Was that on the Project? Saw that too, excellent to see it used for a cool application. I'm hoping it can be used for more sensory games like the Myst and Uru games.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Heh, the first thing we imagined was something like Silent Hill or Dead Space with that thing. That would totally freak us out I guess.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

tulip wrote:Heh, the first thing we imagined was something like Silent Hill or Dead Space with that thing. That would totally freak us out I guess.
Like watching videos of people doing the guillotine demo on that thing. I'm sure that would be pretty freaky though.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

chrissifniotis wrote:Was that on the Project?
Sure was!

I'm looking forward to 3D printers being combined with this tech to make in-game objects real. I hope someone else has had that idea as it would be really cool if someone actually did it.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

guynietoren wrote:
tulip wrote:Heh, the first thing we imagined was something like Silent Hill or Dead Space with that thing. That would totally freak us out I guess.
Like watching videos of people doing the guillotine demo on that thing. I'm sure that would be pretty freaky though.
I just had a thought, imagine watching a movie with the Rift and interacting with it? Movie Game!!! Game Movie!!!
Keening_Product wrote:...
I'm looking forward to 3D printers being combined with this tech to make in-game objects real. I hope someone else has had that idea as it would be really cool if someone actually did it.
Nice! Make your own Sword of Disintegration with 1D4 damage. :p I'd be up with that too.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

chrissifniotis wrote:I just had a thought, imagine watching a movie with the Rift and interacting with it? Movie Game!!! Game Movie!!!
Plumbers don't wear ties 3D :foot
Image You crack me up little buddy!
candyjack
Vortininja

Post by candyjack »

tulip wrote:
chrissifniotis wrote:I just had a thought, imagine watching a movie with the Rift and interacting with it? Movie Game!!! Game Movie!!!
Plumbers don't wear ties 3D :foot
Makes we wonder: if you print a human being, will they have a soul too?
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

No, souls need to be die-cast.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

I thought they were Velcro.