My Aplogies to the PCKF Community

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

My Aplogies to the PCKF Community

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

Hey guys. A couple of you may remember my brief appearance on these forums. A long long time ago I was the user Killspy. My contributions were few. I made the :spot and :christmas emoticons. I was also a voice in one of the Shadowlands flash movies. I don't remember what happened to that account but some years later I made this one. I was getting some attention for my thread, "Marooned on Mars: Remastered! Woot!" in the Unofficial Keen Games section. Well today I randomly decided to come lurking. I read through my old thread and saw that I became a huge asshole, basically saying that Keen fans aren't aware of the world around them and the nasty elements in it. I owe everyone here an apology for taking my fears and frustrations out on them. I know its been years but, please accept my apologies.

On the subject of the "New World Order" or "Illuminati". Whatever your opinions are on whether or not it is real, or the scope of the conspiracy, you can't let things out of your control stop you from trying to enjoy life.
That's where I'm at on the matter.
Last edited by QU3TZ4LC04TL on Fri May 02, 2014 0:37, edited 1 time in total.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I do remember you! And it's just because I'm obsessed with Mayan mythology so I remember that user name :p

Was that the keen 1 remake in the galaxy engine? I'd love to see that get finished. I thought it was Gridlock's project, though.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I remember you too, glad the conspiracy paranoia didn't drive you nuts so far.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Was that the keen 1 remake in the galaxy engine? I'd love to see that get finished.
No, my project never got completed. You may recall my computer crashed and I lost what work I had on it. I didn't pick it back up either, and have no intentions to. I went on to start a DOOM project based off of Ocarina of Time (Triforce of Terror), but put that aside for various reasons. Now I have another project in the works. An RTS game. Not Keen related, though that's a fun idea too.
tulip wrote:I remember you too, glad the conspiracy paranoia didn't drive you nuts so far.
What drives me nuts are those conspiracy "theorists" who believe the Illuminati killed this or that celebrity!
It takes focus away from real issues while further shaping the image people have of conspiracy theories as a whole, in a negative light.

Oh well.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Hey hey, Quetzhlcautl! Welcome back to the PCKF! I remember you, too!--by reputation, of course. I can't remember if I included you in my giant forum member collage collection.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

I think you might have gone inactive before I joined, but.... Welcome back noble keener!
I also remember seeing some of your posts and I'm always interested in an rts game, mind giving a link? ;)
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

QU3TZ4LC04TL wrote:What drives me nuts are those conspiracy "theorists" who believe the Illuminati killed this or that celebrity!
It takes focus away from real issues while further shaping the image people have of conspiracy theories as a whole, in a negative light.

Oh well.
The thing is 'conspiracy' is it's not an issue or a single thing but a property. There are real conspiracies and fake ones. There are even conspiracies about conspiracies so someone can make money. (I'm looking at YOU Mr 'Natural cures they don't want you to know about'!)

So you get sensible conspiracy theories and stupid ones. But be assured; EVERYONE believes one and they usually don't believe it's a 'conspiracy theory'. More than half of people for example believe 'big pharma' is concealing this or that cheap drug for various reasons. (At the same time they sell branded homeopathic products?)

I tend not to believe in conspiracy because you so seldom NEED it and people are seldom smart enough to set one up. We're being tracked right now and the data sold to unknown people. Do we care? Nope. No conspiracy there. Products are made as cheaply as possible and to fail on cue. There's no need to deny it, again nobody cares and we buy our new smartphone because it's a millimeter thinner.

And the government... they couldn't think there way out of an open field at midday.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Levellass wrote: And the government... they couldn't think there way out of an open field at midday.
I think there's a conspiracy going on to ultimately kill the word "their". Also "its".
Image You crack me up little buddy!
candyjack
Vortininja

Post by candyjack »

On the subject of conspiracy theories, I only recently discovered that the whole "Gadaffi was killed for trying to set up a gold-backed central bank" thing has no credible sources. Googling turns up a newspaper article (which in turn cite no credible sources) and a couple of webpages with "Zionist murder" in the title. Wikipedia has one paragraph on it in the modern gold dinar article, but that section also cites nothing but Russian Times (who only present it as speculation) and the comment section of a newspaper article (yes, really).

You've also got to wonder, if he really wanted to set up this currency, why is there no footage of him talking about it? Surely he'd know he'd get targeted, so why not make the public aware to gain support?
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

The "KFC is using GMO'd mutant chickens created by dr. bloogstein" was a widely believed conspiracy theory. A theory which turned out to be a real conspiracy. Does anybody care now? Nope. KFC is still doing this, btw.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:KFC is using GMO'd mutant chickens
Mmmmm.... mutant chicken, so crispy and crunchy.

What are views here on chemtrails? :) :)
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Good luck with them. I mean atmospheric dispersal of stuff is a really, really poor way to spread something. Remember when the Russians tried to pump sedative into the air vents of that school where people were being held hostage? It turns out you get areas of not enough and areas of too much, causing people to die.

And these magic chemicals are supposed to control minds and stuff? Yet nobody worries about plasticizers that I assure you you are touching right now? No concern about the known, proven mind altering drugs in ordinary drinking water? The fact that sawdust is a legal food additive?

I'd say 'wake up sheeple' but they are awake, know, and don't care.

tulip wrote:
Levellass wrote: And the government... they couldn't think there way out of an open field at midday.
I think there's a conspiracy going on to ultimately kill the word "their". Also "its".
Nooo! All my intelligent late-night argument undermined by poor grammar.

Though I wonder, why do we treat 'the government' as singular when it's made up of many people?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Oh mah garg. I read the wikiped on plasticizers. Our urban environment is the leading cause of cancer! All of that UV Ray and cigarrette garg is just a distraction to make you buy sunblock and self-help books! The world is doomed! :O
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Levellass wrote:The fact that sawdust is a legal food additive?
Not here it isn't - there's a specific law from the 19th century regarding that and adding sulphuric acid to stuff...

As for chemtrails, people who spread rumours about that stuff really need to read up on how jet engines work.
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Plasma Captain
Vorticon Elite

Post by Plasma Captain »

Hello, there. I don't believe that I've been lurking here for long enough to have known of you before. But you seem fair enough.

I basically just entered this topic to say something stupid about this:
MoffD wrote:What are views here on chemtrails? :) :)
As long as I can remember, I've been calling those jetstreams "kim trails" or "kem trails" because I'd never written the term down and nobody had ever explained what the term meant. I don't know who taught me the term, but I only learned, perhaps this year, that it was actually short for "chemical trails" and not, you know... some weird scientific word starting with a 'k'...

I just looked it up. Was that conspiracy theory really only started in 1996? I seem to remember everybody in my family calling them that, and presumably having always called them that, but nobody seemed to connect it with any kind of conspiracy, just using it as a term for those trails in the sky. Did the term exist before the conspiracy? If not, what the heck were we calling them before, and when did we start...?